Windows 10: Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality

Discus and support Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Today we are excited to announce SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality. We have been working closely with Microsoft to make this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality

Source: Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: SteamVR

See also: Play SteamVR games in Windows Mixed Reality - Microsoft Support

Brink, Nov 14, 2017
  2. z3r010 Win User

I'm just going to get it set up now *Biggrin

:)

z3r010, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    Windows Mixed Reality and Asynchronous Reprojection/Timewarp/Spacewarp

Hi Aiden,

This is referred to as Motion Projection in SteamVR within Windows Mixed Reality, which seems to have support for this feature, as shown here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-...

This might be limited to the SteamVR implementation, I'm not sure about the others that use Windows Mixed Reality. Hope that clears it up.

Ethan B., Nov 14, 2017
  4. Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality

Throwing in Windows Mixed Reality

When playing games in SteamVR, throwing an object does not seem to work and instead of following the path of a throw or toss, the objects act as if they are simply dropped. Is this a result of the software/games I'm using? Is it a result of the implementation
    of windows mixed reality in SteamVR? Is it my controllers,headset, or PC?

GoryRaincloud8, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Nov 14, 2017
  6. z3r010 Win User
    Just installing now so I'll know for myself.

z3r010, Nov 14, 2017
  7. z3r010 Win User
    Meh, it seems to be getting a little confused and outputting the VR tutorial on one of my screens and just wireframe in the headset - I've other things to be doing tonight, so I'll have a proper play tomorrow.

z3r010, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality

1. Announcing SteamVR compatibility with Windows Mixed Reality - Similar Threads - Announcing SteamVR compatibility

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. Windows Mixed Reality says 12900k is not compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality says 12900k is not compatible: Windows Mixed Reality says 12900k is not compatible with WMR?Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality-says-12900k-is-not/4961fdc1-5f6c-458a-8493-ef871e3e1316
  5. Windows Mixed Reality says 12900k is not compatible

Windows Mixed Reality says 12900k is not compatible: Windows Mixed Reality says 12900k is not compatible with WMR?Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mixed-reality-says-12900k-is-not/4961fdc1-5f6c-458a-8493-ef871e3e1316
  6. Windows Mixed Reality Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Compatibility: I want to know if my laptop will be able to run a mixed reality headset with only Intel HD Graphics 620 and Intel i5-7200U CPU because according to your windows mixed reality pc hardware guidelines I would be meeting the requirements but when I run the mixed reality portal it...
  7. Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality: When I am playing in the Windows Mixed Reality portal it will just stop displaying in the headset and keep displaying on the PC. 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro with 32GB Ram. NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Video Card. Not sure what to do to fix this. My first thought is a video card with...
  8. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. Announcing Simplygon Cloud; Optimizes Mixed Reality Development

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Simplygon Cloud; Optimizes Mixed Reality Development: Earlier this year, we announced the acquisition of Simplygon, a leader in 3D model optimization based in southern Sweden. As we continue our journey to bring the benefits of mixed reality to everyone, Simplygon is an important accelerant that makes it easier, faster, and...