Windows 10: Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10

Discus and support Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we’re excited to announce that we are open sourcing Windows Calculator on GitHub under the MIT License. This includes the source code, build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10

Source: Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator - Windows Developer Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 6, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

CALCULATOR WILL NOT OPEN - WINDOWS 10

Hello Maxine,

There may be several reasons why the Calculator won't suddenly open. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there updates installed prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked the Windows Store if there are any available updates for Calculator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Announcing Open Sourcing

2. Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?: Why won't my Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thank *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10: Hello, I have been dealing with a problem where calculator opens up randomly. When this started happening I ran into multiple issues at the same time such as Windows key, alt key, ctrl key not working and random symbols getting typed _!?_!?_!?.... I fixed this problem by...
  4. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10: Hello, I have been dealing with a problem where calculator opens up randomly. When this started happening I ran into multiple issues at the same time such as Windows key, alt key, ctrl key not working and random symbols getting typed _!?_!?_!?.... I fixed this problem by...
  5. Calculator randomly opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Open sourced Windows 10 Calculator ported to Web, Android, iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Open sourced Windows 10 Calculator ported to Web, Android, iOS: Microsoft recently open-sourced Windows 10’s built-in Calculator app and published the source code, build system on Github. Microsoft also stated that it wants to work with the community and develop new features for the Calculator app. As the Calculator app has been...
  7. Windows Calculator Not Opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Calculator Not Opening: The Calculator Splash screen will come up, then it immediately closes. That's it. I had previously Transferred the profile from an older computer to a newer computer using MizWig, I even backed up the AppData folder, I'm wondering if this is the source of the problems....
  8. Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Open Source of WPF, Windows Forms, and WinUI: At Build 2018, I outlined our approach to helping you be more productive when developing apps, including the introduction of .NET Core 3.0. We also started decoupling many parts of the Windows development platform, so you can adopt technologies incrementally. Today at...
  9. Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code: Last year in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we introduced Eye Control, an experience that allows customers to control Windows using only their eyes. We continue to design with individuals like Steve Gleason in mind, and always challenge ourselves to build products that...
  10. Windows 10 Calculator App not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calculator App not opening: For some reason in windows 10 I can't seem to get my Calculator to open up... I click on the icon and a quick flash happens on the screen and then nothing. Appreciate any help. 67268