Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I had two windows updates waiting which them rebooted then nothing. Maybe I need to reboot again. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 17, 2015.

1. swarfega Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

I had two windows updates waiting which them rebooted then nothing. Maybe I need to reboot again.

swarfega, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

Download complete and installed. For once, icons remained intact and none are the empty piece of paper type. Yay! Gone exploring. *Smile

Wynona, Aug 18, 2015
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Got it and it running fine so far.

BunnyJ, Aug 18, 2015
  4. goatty2 Win User

downloaded for me but it said it was removing some apps as they did not work and have a few missing off my desktop.
    the notices came and went that quick did not have time to click on them. one said canon app (Printer) not work with win 10 but was working alright before this update
    will test it in morn as time for bed

goatty2, Aug 18, 2015
  5. After further testing...it seems that this build hates 64 bit versions of Chrome. I can only get the 32 bit version to work correctly.

blackroseMD1, Aug 18, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I just noticed that with the background slide show you can now shuffle the images. *Smile

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Aug 18, 2015
  7. sgage Win User
    You mean 64-bit versions of Chrome don't seem to work. And stop anthropomorphizing your computer - it hates when you do that *Wink

sgage, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Slash Win User

Updating now. Will this build last longer than 15. October or what?

Slash, Aug 18, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Can't verify but I think so.

BunnyJ, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Kari Win User
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 [​IMG]

11. DooGie Win User
    Not sure what to think of this build yet and I'm beginning to think I should have left the Insuder Builds.
    NOD32 AV is broken yet again, HIPS can't be enabled, also my boot time has increased by a fair amount. Guess I'll give it around a week to settle down but may revert to a clean install of build 10240.

DooGie, Aug 18, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
    Thanks but I think I will wait awhile , maybe till this is released to the public.

13. linw Win User

How does this new build relate to the philosophy of gradual updates? Does this mean that outsiders will have to go through a full install periodically like we Insiders?

Just a bit confused (happens quite a bit!!). Anyone found a clarification of this issue?

14. BunnyJ New Member
    A full install is not necessary the upgrade procedure works just fine, IMO.. and YMMV on that. And what exactly do you mean by gradual updates?? The new build is for insiders and it's in the fast track so it's going to happen.. well fast. Non insiders will get upgrades but not a frequently as insiders on the fast track.

BunnyJ, Aug 18, 2015
  15. Kari Win User
    As far as I have understood this, here's how I think it will go put very simple:

• Insiders on Fast Ring got the new build today
    • Insiders on Slow Ring will get it sometime later when most of the known bugs have been fixed
    • "Outsiders" will get the upgrade as Service Release (SR)¹ sometime after the Slow Ring release when the build has been found to be totally working without bugs

¹ Service Release (SR)= A new concept which as far as I have understood it replaces the Service Pack concept used in Windows 7 and older versions of Windows.

Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14257: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14257 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. As I mentioned last week, we’re at the beginning of a new development cycle for our next feature update to Windows 10. Teams are...