Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Has this been in the features before? I have this now also. Looks like some new stuff will be on the way soon. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Feb 23, 2016.

1. JohnC Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271

I have this now also. Looks like some new stuff will be on the way soon.

JohnC, Feb 23, 2016
  2. goatty2 Win User

now update installed and still have to reinstall synaptics mouse pad driver.
    reset recovery
    at least didn't have any problems with WiFi.
    every thing else seams to be working

goatty2, Feb 23, 2016
  3. meebers Win User
    This one took a little longer than the last one. Restore off, 6 apps were reset to EDGE as default. Firefox hosed up. Install.esd was still there after finished, copied to data drive, then did a cleanmgr on system. Running now for a couple of hours, fast and stable..

meebers, Feb 24, 2016
  4. fjk61011 Win User

Went to watch the new X-files. Install installed while I was away.

fjk61011, Feb 24, 2016
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    How did you access that?

fjk61011, Feb 24, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    System/ Settings / Apps and Features / Manage optional features

AndreTen, Feb 24, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    Can't turn off MS's nagging for feedback anymore! *Sad

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 [​IMG]

(Yeah, really got "Some new features to get excited about"!) *Confused

Edwin, Feb 24, 2016
  8. fjk61011 Win User

OK. Found it.

fjk61011, Feb 24, 2016
  9. Wynona Win User
    Sheesh! Every time I leave the house, Gabe drops a new build! What gives!? *Smile

21% downloaded on Desktop.

I had this issue, but I always disable hibernation. We'll see if it continues.

I noticed Gabe didn't mention that some of us have to "stop the boot process" and restart it before bootup will complete. Disabling fast startup fixes the issue, but Lappy is now slower than molasses in January. Since I added the SSD drive to Desktop, disabling fast startup doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference . . . she sure makes Lappy look like a snail! *Sad

Gotta go get Lappy started . . . that is if she gets the update as quickly as Desktop did.

Wynona, Feb 24, 2016
  10. - all in, safe and sound..
    - around half-an-hour altogether..*Cool

BugMeister, Feb 24, 2016
  11. waltc Win User
    That's not a big deal, though...as you would not want to try to restore a previous build's restore, eh? Likely wouldn't work, anyway.

I have to do the following every time I install a new build:

1) Check sys restore and turn on if needed
    2) Disable Prefetch Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters (because I have an SSD)
    3) Turn off the superfetch service (also because I have an SSD)
    4) Turn off disk defrag for drive c:\ (also because I have an SSD)

5) Wanted to edit this one in as I'd forgotten, but I also have to change the size of all screen fonts to 11 from 9 via Advanced Display Properties.
    6) Reinstall Printer

That's it, IIRC...*Wink

Would be nice if Windows knew I was booting Windows from an SSD and configured these things automatically...!

waltc, Feb 24, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
  13. magilla Win User

No new build download once again. This time nothing on laptop (which usually gets the new builds) nor the desktop (which has stopped getting new builds several back. Does anyone know what the latest email from Gabe was all about? I don't think any of us have to do something different do we? In order to get latest builds....?

magilla, Feb 24, 2016
  14. jyusa Win User
    Still no sign in picture? So hard to fix?

jyusa, Feb 24, 2016
  15. linw Win User
    But they could delete the old restore files but leave the restore on, couldn't they?

The scenario I am dreading is that if the restore is turned off in all the comps I support around the district, I am going to be peeved off if it takes hours to fix a problem instead of minutes to restore.

However, all those comps will have up-to-date images to fall back to, eh?*Smile

Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271 - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20246 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.Starting with today’s build, Windows Insiders will notice that the name of the...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14251: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14251 Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Sharp-eyed Insiders likely noted the big jump in build numbers from our last preview build (11102). Historically, the codebase for...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Today, we are releasing Build 14279 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Here’s what’s new in Build 14279 Cortana in more languages: With this build, we are enabling Cortana for the Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565: UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...d.html#option3 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 1: Tweet...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. At Build 2016 last week, we shared new experiences and new opportunities we’re creating for developers...
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today, we are releasing Build 14267 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Just to quickly recap the changes we’ve made to rings for Insiders in 2016: 1. We introduced the new Release Preview ring last...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099. As with the previous build, this build does...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. With this build, you won’t see big noticeable changes or new features just yet. Right now, the team is...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525: It has been amazing to see the impact that Windows Insiders have made since we launched the program last year. Your feedback has helped us fix bugs and make changes which resulted in a better product because of your input. Thank you to all of the Windows Insiders who have...