Windows 10: Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

Discus and support Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We designed Windows 10 from the very beginning to be our most secure platform ever. With features like Credential Guard, Device Guard, Windows Hello,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

Source: Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Feb 29, 2016

2. How to know that the Windows defender installed is windows defender advanced threat detection version on Windows 10 ?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is essentially a service for businesses – which are way more likely to be targeted by hackers because they have financial and/or data resources that are worth going after. It looks like the Advanced Threat
    Protection service will aim at reducing vulnerability, but also be concerned with reducing attack discovery and recovery times:

Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection - Windows Experience Blog

While individuals are unlikely to either need or qualify for this service, it’s still possible that some of the new technology that’s being developed for businesses will eventually filter down to our level.

GreginMich, Feb 29, 2016
  3. SilverBack70, Feb 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

" We encourage our customers to upgrade to Windows 10 for our most advanced security protection, with the opportunity to take advantage of Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection when it becomes available more broadly this year."

Wonder if the home users with non-Enterprise Windows 10 will have to pay extra for that ?

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    Some of these protection methods are already in operation on the M$ Surface Pro 4.

dencal, Feb 29, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    People with a tight budget like me will not likely to have a MS Surface Pro.
    Let's hope MS will have mercy on users with a lesser priced PC.

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    If its any consolation David I no longer possess one.....Two borked in less than a fortnight and both RTM,d... the 2nd one today.

dencal, Feb 29, 2016
  8. Leopard Win User

If you pay for the OS, there is no reason why you should not get most of what the Enterprise Clients get. Maybe not all, but most. OK, if W10 remains free you do not get it - I can accept that. Free has a cost. Many other software vendors offer a free and paid version. You pay, you get more. If not, I believe the value of the non-enterprise license (be it OEM or retail) will be in question. On July 29, 2016 the current offer to upgrade to W10 ends, so we will know. I am not a betting person, but I do anticipate that a major policy change will be in the offing on that day. I am guessing that the Pro version will be retired. Home equals free and Enterprise equals pay.

Leopard, Feb 29, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    I am sure they can be repaired. You can't be that reckless on computers.
    You did fix one with dism commands.
    Take them to a reputable computer service shop.

davidhk, Feb 29, 2016
  10. dencal Win User
    Both being under a week old, so money back on both.
    Unfortunately the install.WIM completely borked the computer when M$ uninstalled the language pack part of install.WIM during an update.

dencal, Feb 29, 2016
  11. tinmar49 Win User
    I hope some of the enhanced W D rubs off onto the plain ordinary copies of Windows.

tinmar49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise - Similar Threads - Announcing Defender Advanced

2. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection: I am wondering if this is a scam? I received an order confirmation email that looks pretty authentic stating that I ordered the Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Firewall for $299.99, I did not order it. I called the number listed 877-545-5306 to cancel...
  3. Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection: Will Microsoft ever indicate an invoice number and then indicate Microsoft will deduct money from some account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-defender-advanced-threat/3c01d8ce-e3c2-4611-a6e7-baab3a130c5b
  4. FRAUD/SAM Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.

FRAUD/SAM Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.: I received an email this morning that my credit card will be charged $397.92 for Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. I NEVER signed up or bought this. The email is from a gmail account that you cannot reply to. They give you a phone number to call, but of course...
  5. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection....Cost?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection....Cost?: Dear User, Thank you for using Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection . This is an invoice for your recent purchase. Thank you on the completion of your 3 years. We tried to contact you on your registered number for queries but could not get through. Amount Due: 249.99...
  6. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Subscription Renewal

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Subscription Renewal: I know this is a scam - is there any way to report this to the authorities? ...and it appears to be going around again: Order Date Nov 3, 2020 Order Id: 254-8632541-875424 Dear Customer, Thanks for using Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. This is an important...
  7. Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection: Good day, We have a lot of Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection licenses under our Microsoft 365 admin center. need to find out if these are standalone licenses that i can use on our enterprise workstations that are running a mixture of windows 7 , 8.1 and 10?...
  8. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?: I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together. If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?...
  9. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?: I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together. If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?...
  10. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Preview Expands

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Preview Expands: We hear most frequently from our enterprise customers how much they value the advanced productivity, security, and device management capabilities in Windows 10. These capabilities are key factors that have led to 83% of our enterprise customers in active pilots and the...