Windows 10: Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

Discus and support Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've developed a tool for globally setting Explorer folder views. It's available now from here: GitHub - /WinSetView: Globally Set Explorer Folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brake4bots, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

I've developed a tool for globally setting Explorer folder views. It's available now from here:

GitHub - /WinSetView: Globally Set Explorer Folder Views

It can be run from the command line or from a point and click interface. The working part of the tool is written in PowerShell and the interface is an HTA (HTML/VBScript). Please see the readme at the link above for more details.

To download the script, go to the link above, click the green "Code" button, and choose "Download Zip".

Here's a screenshot:

Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views) [​IMG]

:)

Brake4bots, Mar 28, 2021

2. Is there a way to set global icon, list and folder views?

Is there a way that I can set global icon, list and folder views? With fonts always readable.

JimmyCornCracked, Mar 28, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 28, 2021
  4. D3LL Win User

Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809?

Try the steps below, although is 50/50 if it will keep the size.

1. Open a Windows Explorer window
    2. Right-click anywhere that's blank and choose Customize this folder
    3. Choose General Items from the Optimize this folder for list box, then click OK
    4. In Windows Explorer, open the Tools menu and click Folder Options
    5. On the View tab click on Apply to Folders then click OK

Thema:

Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

1. Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views) - Similar Threads - Announcing WinSetView Tool

2. File Explorer Folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Folder view: Has there been a solution to the age old problem of the File Explorer Folder view randomly changing? 183414
  3. WinSetView v2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSetView v2: WinSetView is a tool for setting default views for any Explorer folder types. v2 is now available for download: GitHub - /WinSetView: Globally Set Explorer Folder Views To download the script, go to the link above, click the green "Code" button, and choose "Download Zip"....
  4. Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Announcing WinSetView (Tool to Globally Set Explorer Folder Views): I've developed a tool for globally setting Explorer folder views. It's available now from here: GitHub - /WinSetView: Globally Set Explorer Folder Views It can be run from the command line or from a point and click interface. The working part of the tool is written in...
  5. How do i globally set a folder style in explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i globally set a folder style in explorer?: Setting it from "View" is per-folder, I wanna change it to "Medium Icons" for all folders, is this possible? submitted by /u/Sherlock4709 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mavskp/how_do_i_globally_set_a_folder_style_in_explorer/
  6. How can I set global WinExplorer view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set global WinExplorer view?: How can I set global WinExplorer view? In Windows Explorer I only use the Details view with small icons, no pictures, blah, blah. Oh, and don't like the media columns that pop up when I dump audio files in an empty folder, etc. So far I haven't found a way to make ALL...
  7. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  8. File Explorer folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer folder view: On a working folder, my desktop File Explorer has "Add Columns" grayed out. Likewise all parent folders up to and including "Documents." If I copy that same working folder to a thumb drive, then File Explorer on the desktop reading the thumb drive WILL allow me to add...
  9. Announcing global availability of Desktop App Assure

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing global availability of Desktop App Assure: On September 26th I shared details announcing Desktop App Assure, a new service from Microsoft FastTrack that makes our application compatibility promise real. For customers moving to a modern desktop our promise is simple: 99% of applications will work on Windows 10 and...
  10. Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is a 'Global' folder view setting possible, changing all at once ?: I work with lots of libraries (around 30) and each is linked to many folders. When installing Windows and importing files I find that the default view is 'Details' but I prefer 'Large Icons'. This involves clicking and opening every folder in turn and manually changing the...