Windows 10: Annoyed to hell with high ping spikes and slow wifi on windows 10

Discus and support Annoyed to hell with high ping spikes and slow wifi on windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using windows 10 for the past 8 months, and every minute of the day I get random ping spikes up to 2000+ ms and speeds of 30 Mbps when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AzaDollar, Aug 1, 2021.

1. AzaDollar Win User

Annoyed to hell with high ping spikes and slow wifi on windows 10

I have been using windows 10 for the past 8 months, and every minute of the day I get random ping spikes up to 2000+ ms and speeds of 30 Mbps when I should be getting 200+. I don't know what it is but I really, really, really need help. I can't play games without teleporting, freezing, and dying. It is a computer issue, and not a wifi issue. I switched 3 different internet companies and I am fed up. I think it is my realtek wifi driver. Please please help me, I've tried everything from youtube videos, to asking reddit, to everything else for the past 8 months and im tired.Wifi Driver : Realtek

:)

AzaDollar, Aug 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 slow WiFi speed, high ping in games

Hello,
    I have been having extremely high ping in online games like BF1 and Titanfall 2 (>500 with spikes to over 1000, pretty much unplayable), and slow WiFi speeds. I have already updated my wireless drivers and disabled location and automatic updates. Speedtest.net shows a ping of around 40 ms, and download speeds of about 7-10 Mb/s. Wired connections are a little less than 10 times as fast for downloads, and significantly lower ping. Doing a speedtest on my Galaxy S6 gives 12 ms ping and 35 Mb/s downloads. I have done a speedtest on my windows 10 laptop with the same WiFi dongle as my desktop, as well as the built in card, with very similar results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BaconSunday, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Very annoying HIGH Ping/Latency spikes, All games and devices

Okay, so plug the cable FROM the modem, directly INTO the laptop? And run a google ping test for like an hour? And see the results? If I see HIGH spikes, then that rules out wifi right?

Valonus1992, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Annoyed to hell with high ping spikes and slow wifi on windows 10

Wifi ping spikes

Hello,

I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection.

It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms every 30 seconds. So I couldn't play online games or
    even streaming movies.

Than when I moved back to uni, ping got to it's normal state around 30-50ms.

When I came back in 2 month, same problem was still appearing, and restarting wifi router didnt help, so I decided to reset a PC and it didnt help at all, but I now have to download 150gb of games again.

I dont know what to do, I tried browsing, but I couldn't find anyone with same problem, please help.

KirillManko, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Annoyed to hell with high ping spikes and slow wifi on windows 10

1. Annoyed to hell with high ping spikes and slow wifi on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Annoyed hell high

2. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  3. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping spikes: So when i try to play roblox i always get a very high ping that lasts about 3 seconds where everyone is stuck and after that time everything goes back to normal for about 20 seconds and the same thing happends again over and over. I have watched so many videos but none of...
  4. High ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 High Ping Spikes

Windows 10 High Ping Spikes: First off I want to say, whoever is deleting my posts asking for help, please stop. I have posted this about 4 times already and I will keep posting it. It seems to me you guys are hiding something.Hi, I've been having problems with my PC since I bought it. I been...
  6. High ping spikes windows 10 only

High ping spikes windows 10 only: Hi, I've been having problems with my PC since I bought it. I been experiencing randomly slow wifi download and upload I do not use wired, and I cannot. The modem is close and on other devices I get 200+ mbps download and 15+ upload. With my PC I get around 30 and sometimes...
  7. High ping spikes on Windows 10

High ping spikes on Windows 10: This image shows the pain I have been through while playing games such as call of duty and other games. I teleport and lag because of these huge ping spikes. It is not my wifi because my other devices have perfect 200+mbps and 20+ upload. Please help me I think it is my...
  8. Wifi Ping Spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Ping Spiking: hello i tried "wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface=" and it said "no such network exists" and such and such. did device manager look up, copied the name and still gave me the same error. i am doing this because i keep spiking ping when i do ping -t 8.8.8.8 and this...
  9. Wifi ping spikes

Wifi ping spikes: Hello, I am experiencing ping spikes on certain wifi connection. It has started in October, when I was at boarding house in Uni everything on wifi was smooth, but when I moved to homestay at connected to their wifi, I have started experiencing ping spike up to 2000ms...
  10. Random High Ping Spikes

Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...