Windows 10: Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played

Discus and support Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new fresh Lenovo Ideapad S340 which everything seems to be pretty fine at first until i connected my headphones. My computer's audio have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ale2050, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ale2050 Win User

Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played

I bought a new fresh Lenovo Ideapad S340 which everything seems to be pretty fine at first until i connected my headphones. My computer's audio have a silent 2 second delay that is caused after leaving the pc to not play any sound or any video in the system for at least 30 seconds. I've tried most of the recurring solutions around the internet but none of them did work out of my frustration:

• Uninstalling the Realtek driver from Device Manager and restarting my computer.
    • Replacing the Realtek driver from Device Manager with a generic High Definition Audio driver. It seems to work but instead of the 2 second delay it played a bothering popping sound everytime it starts playing audio after at least 30 seconds of silence.
    • Disabling hardware acceleration from the Control Panel's audio settings.

Such a problem is making me struggle a lot with no end and i've only paid a lot for this. I don't want such laptop that has this particular, annoying audio problem that seems to be utterly unresolvable.

I heard that it might be some idling system that is doing this but i'm not entirely sure.

:)

ale2050, Jul 7, 2020

2. 5 second audio delay with every start/pause on Windows 10

I have had my laptop since right before Christmas, a Lenovo ideapad 510S with Windows 10 and Realtek High Definition Audio(SST).

Every time I watch something at YouTube or VLC (or even a trailer online for a movie at the site when ordering tickets), there is a 5 second audio delay even though the video starts rolling. Those five seconds are long and annoying, and I can not figure
    out how to turn this setting off! I am doing a written exam about teaching history from the movie 'the Butler', and I am going absolutely mad trying to start and pause this movie and writing in between.

Oh and the audio is also delayed when only playing sound, like on Spotify.

Anyone had similar problems?

I sincerely hope that there is a solution to this problem.

Best, Kristina

Kristina Roa, Jul 7, 2020
  3. makera Win User
    2 seconds sound delay. Power saving?

Hi guys, I have the following sound problem on my newly installed Windows 10. When I don't use audio on my PC, meaning not watching any videos or listening to music, let's say, reading an article - it seems that my sound card goes to sleep after a few minutes.

Then, I try to play a song in WMP for example - the first 2 seconds or so I don't hear anything, then the sound card "wakes up" or something and the audio is back with no interruptions or anything like that. I mean there is no problem with the sound itself. So, if I'm not at my computer, I don't hear any shorts sounds at all. I mean system sounds or new incoming mail sounds etc. Because by the time sound card is "awake", the sound has already ended.

I went through all possible settings in Windows, power saving modes, reinstalled drivers for my motherboard... I mean everything I could think of. Nothing helps. Does someone have a solution for this? Thank you in advance.

The sound card is built-in, on Gigabyte B85M motherboard.

makera, Jul 7, 2020
  4. dangnad2 Win User

Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update

I have a brand new Dell XPS-13 ultraportable with Windows 10 Creators Update. There is a sound delay of 1-2 seconds.

To see how this works go to Control Panel>Sound>Sound properties>Asterisk>test
    When "Test" is clicked the sound should be instantaneous but on my laptop the Asterisk sound plays 1-2 seconds after Test is clicked.

Same for caps lock, press, TWO seconds later it beeps.

Windows 10 Audio troubleshooter is NO HELP. It does not recognize a sound delay as "trouble".

dangnad2, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Annoying audio delay for 2 seconds after at least 30 seconds of no sound played - Similar Threads - Annoying audio delay

2. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    30 second delay when printing documents to print server: We have an issue that seems to have started over the last month or so. Client machines are running W10 21H1, print server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607.*Any* print jobs sent to *any* printer tested with Canons, Konicas and HPs have around a 30 second delay...
  3. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 second delay when printing documents to print server: We have an issue that seems to have started over the last month or so. Client machines are running W10 21H1, print server is running Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 1607.*Any* print jobs sent to *any* printer tested with Canons, Konicas and HPs have around a 30 second delay...
  4. 30 second delay when printing documents to print server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lag in laptop after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lag in laptop after 30 seconds: Hi . I have a laptop and it has a problem. When I'm playing a game it lags till I connect the charger and then it gets smooth so nothing's wrong here. But after 30 seconds of playing with the charger it gets to 5 fps till I disconnect the charger and reconnect it then it's...
  6. screen lock after 30 seconds -set to 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen lock after 30 seconds -set to 2 hours.: I have 365 subscription and just installed a new 2nd monitor when the old one wouldn't work after last windows update. Now I have this issue and I see it has been asked about here but I don't see any answers....
  7. bluetooth headphone sound starts after 2 to 3 seconds delay

bluetooth headphone sound starts after 2 to 3 seconds delay: This problem happens whenever something tries to play a "new" sound for exemple when I watch a Youtube video the first 2 to 3 seconds of the video would always run with no sound, but when i rewind and rewatch them it works fine, another exemple with windows sound effects like...
  8. new folder delay 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new folder delay 30 seconds: When I right click and choose 'new folder' it now takes 30 seconds for it to complete that task. It just seems to go dead until it finally gives me the new folder I requested. This started after this last major windows update 2 days ago. I have Windows 10. Thanks for any...
  9. delay / lag every 2 seconds

delay / lag every 2 seconds: it's been almost a year since i got this laptop and its been happening ever since. whenever i use the mouse, touchpad or graphics tablet, it starts to lag for 2 seconds and it happens every 3-5 seconds. i've tried restarting the computer, cleaning out files, uninstalling and...
  10. 2 seconds sound delay. Power saving?

2 seconds sound delay. Power saving?: Hi guys, I have the following sound problem on my newly installed Windows 10. When I don't use audio on my PC, meaning not watching any videos or listening to music, let's say, reading an article - it seems that my sound card goes to sleep after a few minutes. Then, I try...