Windows 10: Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update

Discus and support Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I hesitantly allowed my computer to update just a couple hours ago, and now I have a problem with all spreadsheets. When I move between cells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheesusandwichee, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update

Hi, I hesitantly allowed my computer to update just a couple hours ago, and now I have a problem with all spreadsheets.

When I move between cells using the keyboard, whether it be via ENTER/TAB or Directional keys, the cursor always repositions itself to the top-left corner of the screen. While I understand this can be useful to avoid mistyping, it is annoying to me as I ALT+TAB and Ctrl+X/C/V a lot while navigating with my mouse, and the cursor repositioning throws me off-balance often.

At first I thought it has to do with my Excel2016, that perhaps I have accidentally configured something. But I have tested and noticed the same exact thing happens on Google Sheets and WPS Spreadsheet. To have it happen to all 3 spreadsheet programs, I now believe it is the recent Windows 10 update that is the culprit behind this.

Is anyone experiencing this? Any solutions? Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/cheesusandwichee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cheesusandwichee, Aug 13, 2020

2. Cursor Disappears while typing.

What can be done to stop the cursor from disappearing while typing in windows 10. Cursor disappears and no further typing is displayed until the cursor is repositioned where it left off. This is very annoying as only a few words can be typed and the
    cursor leaves.

Gary Van Norden, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update

1. Annoying auto cursor repositioning in spreadsheets after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Annoying auto cursor

2. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  3. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  4. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. the auto loginfeature is very annoying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the auto loginfeature is very annoying: So I'm a student that uses a platform from my school called 1link and we have all of our school links on that site but the thing is you have to log on thru Microsoft and Microsoft has this dumb auto-login feature where if someone else logs in on Microsoft their user gets...
  6. changing the editing cursor in spreadsheets

changing the editing cursor in spreadsheets: how to change the I-beam editing cursor in Excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-editing-cursor-in-spreadsheets/ab022ddf-b040-454e-a6ee-316cee77639f
  7. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing: How can I prevent Windows 10 windows from repositioning and resizing after sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-repositioning-and-resizing/c154f906-b973-4efa-9d15-3b181f17ff31
  8. repositioning windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    repositioning windows: I have a C49RG9x screen. How can I stop windows re-positioning after waking from sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repositioning-windows/548bc497-8ae6-468a-931a-94de5794db43
  9. Annoying cursor offset in Windows 10 OneNote app

Annoying cursor offset in Windows 10 OneNote app: There is frequently a cursor offset in OneNote (Version 17.8366.57611.0 currently). When I click the mouse the text cursor is set one or few lines higher than the pointer. All drivers are updated. It seems that it happens on additional screens attached to the laptop. I have...
  10. Really annoying auto compression in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Really annoying auto compression in windows 10: My folders and all files are being auto compressed by windows at the moment. i only had about 15gb of space when this happened suddenly in the middle of work. deleted a bunch of stuff and my space in now around 40gb, i removed some of the blue arrows on by unchecking compres...