Windows 10: Annoying default browser issue

Discus and support Annoying default browser issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone else has figured out how to deal with this. I hope it falls under the Windows 10 category. I have 4 versions of Firefox: stable,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Annoying default browser issue

I wonder if anyone else has figured out how to deal with this. I hope it falls under the Windows 10 category.

I have 4 versions of Firefox: stable, beta, portables of each.

Every time I launch a different one, Windows asks me to make it the default. When I get to the Windows 10 default programs settings, I see 4 Firefox selections that look identically the same.

What do you do?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 23, 2017
  2. Grosep Win User

How can I prevent my default brower from being reset to Edge from FireFox?

After setting my default browser to Firefox using [Settings \ Default Apps ] it gets reset to Edge on the next reboot.

How can I prevent this from happening?

It is very annoying to have to reset my default browser after every reboot.

Grosep, Aug 23, 2017
  3. PabloY Win User
    I do not want the Edge browser to open my .pdf files

Thanks - that worked. Edge is a pain. The last Windows Update turned it into my default browser, and then it became the default application for .pdf Most annoying!

PabloY, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Annoying default browser issue

I think you are looking at it back to front. It's each Firefox that's asking you to make it the default when you launch it.

Tackle it from the other end, open each FF in turn, go to aboutAnnoying default browser issue :preferences and on the General page untick 'Always check if Firefox is your default browser'. You'll also find on that page a 'Make Default' button, click it in the version you want to use as default.

5. Looks like that's the best option available.

In case anybody is curious, that's what it looks like
    Attachment 150717

You have to try each option one by one until the browser doesn't display the "Make Default" button.

Thanks Bree

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Annoying default browser issue

1. Annoying default browser issue - Similar Threads - Annoying default browser

2. default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  3. default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  4. News & Interest default browser issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interest default browser issue: When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge However, my default browser is Vivaldi! Why is this happening? Can I change this behaviour so that Vivaldi is used under all circumstances? 172271
  5. Default Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And, Microsoft, "Edge". Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept popping up saying, this...
  6. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  7. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  8. Default browser

Default browser: How do I switch from Google Chrome default browser to Microsoft as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/6255b248-ac49-4454-a0bf-10d421086da9
  9. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  10. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I am having a problem whereby my default browser keeps changing from IE11 back to either Edge or blank. Can someone suggest why this might be happening or what program is causing it to change? I thought it maybe the Windows Auto Update that keep changing but am now not so...