Windows 10: Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months

Discus and support Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue in Windows 10 for months now. Sometimes when I delete a folder, some files, usually exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zarboi, May 21, 2020.

1. /u/zarboi Win User

Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months

Hello everyone, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue in Windows 10 for months now.

Sometimes when I delete a folder, some files, usually exe files, remain and I have to restart the system to be able to delete. This didn't use to be the case a while ago.

For instance, I just delete a folder (Mod Organizer 2), it remains. When I go into the folder, all files and folders are deleted expect for 2 exe files (ModOrganizer.exe and nxmhandler.exe).

The reason this is frustrating, is because right now I want to reinstall the program in the same location as before, but I am hesitant because I'm not sure if the old files will create a conflict if the installation didn't overwrite them.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to end this shenanigans once and for all?

Thank you for your time.

submitted by /u/zarboi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zarboi, May 21, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 21, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months - Similar Threads - Annoying delete issue

2. The issue has been resolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue has been resolved: 123ывфвв https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-has-been-resolved/3bc42a0f-75df-4786-8c86-ccff33aefe33
  3. I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell: I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell. I bought an Asus VivoBook laptop from one of the companies with the following specifications: 256 GB SSD 8 GB RAM 11th Generation Intel Core i3 processordisplay of the problem: The...
  4. I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell: I have had a real problem that has been going on for 9 months, yes 9 months of continuous hell. I bought an Asus VivoBook laptop from one of the companies with the following specifications: 256 GB SSD 8 GB RAM 11th Generation Intel Core i3 processordisplay of the problem: The...
  5. DirectX issue that has been going on for months now, seems like a Windows issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DirectX issue that has been going on for months now, seems like a Windows issue: So I bought parts for a new Desktop back in December and it's been working well except for one lingering issue. DirectX is not accessible from initial boot, only after a restart. I've tried things from clean reinstalling AMD drivers Both before and after a Windows reinstall...
  6. Can someone pls help me? This has been happening for like a month now and it’s rlly annoying.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone pls help me? This has been happening for like a month now and it’s rlly annoying.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SnooPredictions7099 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/licjax/can_someone_pls_help_me_this_has_been_happening/
  7. Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months: I am not able to update my Windows anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the error I get: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-not-been-updating-for-months/c20e3953-a073-4e4a-b87f-660b2a4eb875
  8. Strange BSOD since months, it has to go !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange BSOD since months, it has to go !: Hey everybody ! I experience a BSOD every once in a while since a few months now, sometimes really worse than others (I sometimes can't use my PC for nights, then I remove random updates and it seems to work until the next badluck). Yesterday, for a really important...
  9. Desktop has been deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop has been deleted: I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top left hand corner. Any advice please?...
  10. This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking)

in Windows 10 Support
    This has been a real annoyance (to do with mouse clicking): For a long time and several different versions of windows. I'm just about to click on what I want to click on and the screen changes so that something else is now where the mouse cursor is and I end up clicking on it, even though I didn't intend to. Whether I'm in a browser...