Windows 10: Annoying desktop bug!

Discus and support Annoying desktop bug! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying. If you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OnlyWindows, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Annoying desktop bug!

Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying.

If you guys have a second monitor like me, you would have a second desktop. Now when I have a file or shortcut, right click > Sort By > [any option], the file will be sorted within the desktop. But if you were to refresh the desktop, your file will be sorted in the first, main desktop. What? Keep in mind that folders are not affected by this bug, just only files and shortcuts.

Another bug I encountered is ghost files and folders when sorted on the desktop. If you have any files or folders on the desktop and you delete them, they would disappear as usual. But if you right click > Sort by > [any option], you would have deleted files come back on the desktop. If you tried to delete them again, you will come across a dialog box that says "Could not find this item". You couldn't delete the ghost files unless you refresh the desktop and they suddenly disappear this time. Here's video proof of this (minus the sorting on second desktop thing).

https://reddit-uploaded-video.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/t2_140d40/y9k3t2xyc2y51

Does everyone have this problem? How the hell did Microsoft messed up the fucking desktop? It was never like this in 1909.

submitted by /u/OnlyWindows
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OnlyWindows, Nov 8, 2020
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Donna Men Win User
    annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Nov 8, 2020
  4. JaredWild Win User

Annoying desktop bug!

Bugs that are annoying

I just upgraded to the fall creators update a couple days ago and i'm not happy.

Here is a list of bugs that i have that i tried to fix but can't

• Makes screens too dark(I found a fix using the color manager but it will only apply to one monitor)
    • Toolbar gets stuck open in full screen apps
    • Explorer in task manger no longer has a restart function so i can't fix the stuck toolbar
    • I can't highlight items in the file explorer
    • All apps i open now opens the administrator prompt(never done this before)
    • Can't pin programs to the start menu
    • Had 6 instances of cortana running(huge CPU load)

I hope that someone can tell me some fixes for these bugs or that this list gets to the developer team and gets fixed soon

JaredWild, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Annoying desktop bug!

1. Annoying desktop bug! - Similar Threads - Annoying desktop bug

2. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  3. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  4. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  5. virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual desktop instead of dual monitors, annoying bug: I use 2 monitors at work, everything works perfectly. At home, I want to get away from using two monitors, towards the virtual desktops built into Windows 11. But I can not solve the problem critical for me:When using two monitors:You can make a control panel separately for...
  6. really annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    really annoying bug: [ATTACH] So I've been using Win10 for about a year now and lately there's been this really annoying bug where on google pages, anywhere I click results in the little insertion line showing up. I can't find any information on this, and I wanna know if there's a fix for it....
  7. annoying explorer bug

annoying explorer bug: Hello. Every time I run my PC (OR almost every time I run it) I have to manually kill explorer.exe and run it again via application manager. If I don't I can't open any Windows tab (like this computer) I can't open folders etc. It's getting annoying and I don't know what to...
  8. Annoying bug

Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  9. Annoying desktop sizing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying desktop sizing: My desktop icons and images are large and elongated. Checked the size and they are set to small. I tried to update the graphics driver but got the message, windows have determined the best driver is already installed. I have the newest graphics driver, I have both an intel...
  10. Annoying bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying bug in Windows 10: I made a shortcut key for Snipping Tool and it won't change to anything else. I first made it the . on my number pad. Now I've changed it to F1 (Yes I did click apply). Now it says that the shortcut key is F1 but Snipping Tool won't open when I press F1. It still opens with...