Windows 10: Annoying desktop sizing

Discus and support Annoying desktop sizing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop icons and images are large and elongated. Checked the size and they are set to small. I tried to update the graphics driver but got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CoreyGolde, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Annoying desktop sizing

My desktop icons and images are large and elongated. Checked the size and they are set to small. I tried to update the graphics driver but got the message, windows have determined the best driver is already installed. I have the newest graphics driver, I have both an intel 630 and a Nvidia 1060 in my razer 14 laptop(4k) and I have a second monitor(1080p) and its the same issue.

:)

CoreyGolde, Sep 25, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Annoying desktop sizing

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Annoying desktop sizing

1. Annoying desktop sizing - Similar Threads - Annoying desktop sizing

2. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  3. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  4. Desktop Icon Sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Sizes: My desktop icon sizes seem to be changer very slightly when I plug in an external monitor, the external monitor has an uncommon resolution of 3840x2160 60hz and my laptop has an internal display with a resolution of 2560x1600 165hz, I can fit 10 desktop icons on my desktop...
  5. size of icons desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    size of icons desktop: right click on desktop does not let me select size of icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-of-icons-desktop/54246a2f-81e0-41a1-8929-2ce03fe353a8
  6. Annoying desktop bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying desktop bug!: Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying. If you guys have a second monitor like me, you would have a second desktop. Now when I have a file or shortcut, right click > Sort By >...
  7. desktop size

desktop size: I am using windows for a long time Windows taskbar is movable starting at almost one of the first versons. Not many persons actually move it to the different position from the default. For me it is very usefull. But with it there is one thing very annoing. Almost never apps...
  8. desktop size

desktop size: I have a new Dell Inspiron 3670 running Windows 10. I've noticed that whatever is on my screen is about 1/4 inch too large for the screen so that the scroll bars are off the screen to the right. They can be accessed if I happen to hit just the right spot, bit is hit and miss....
  9. desktop font size

desktop font size: How can I increase the desktop font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-font-size/8b9d2e07-fe6c-42e0-ba44-6cdf98e7f655
  10. Size desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Size desktop Icons: How can I reduce or increase size of icons on desktop. 35203