Windows 10: Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter

Discus and support Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10/64 Pro Hi, I installed a new helicopter to my FSX. This is a more "forgiving" chopper Let's call it chopper A because I have a much easier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MeanSpitfire, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter

Win 10/64 Pro

Hi,

I installed a new helicopter to my FSX. This is a more "forgiving" chopper Let's call it chopper A because I have a much easier time landing it than others. But it has a very aggravating feature. The sound includes that dreaded "Don't sink" whenever I try to land, or even just fly around following the ground contours, even when at a safe altitude. As if this wasn't enough, I also get the "Too low, flaps!" at times. I just can't picture myself extending the flaps on any chopper... It could be comical if the whole thing wasn't so aggravating. I tried the MS Jet Ranger, and another helicopter This would be chopper B in the same situations, without these problems. So I replaced the whole "Sound" directory of chopper A with that of chopper B. The engine sound is different, being that of chopper B now. But I still get the "Don't' sink" and flaps warnings regardless. I tried to find out where those were called up, but couldn't. Those two warnings are the MS generic ones that we hear with any FSX native aircraft. I played all the .wav files in that install, but without luck, as I expected. I wanted to attach the .exe install file for this helicopter, but this doesn't seem to be supported. Someone more knowledgeable than me could have looked into this install and likely have found the problem. So does anyone know what's happening?

Thanks very much,

John

:)

MeanSpitfire, Aug 13, 2020

2. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 13, 2020
  3. largegroh Win User
    How to sink desktop with laptop

I have a new desktop coming. After setting it up, programs, passwords, etc I want to sink my laptop to with it to have all the same settings, programs, passwords, etc. I am not sure if this can be done but would like to do it if possible. I do not know how though. Help if you can or tell me it can not be done. thx in advance.

A step by step how t o would be great if possible!

largegroh, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter

Mars Helicopter to Fly on NASA’s Next Red Planet Rover Mission

The Mars Helicopter, a small, autonomous rotorcraft, will travel with the agency’s Mars 2020 rover mission, currently scheduled to launch in July 2020, to demonstrate the viability and potential of heavier-than-air vehicles on the Red Planet.

“NASA has a proud history of firsts,” said NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine. “The idea of a helicopter flying the skies of another planet is thrilling. The Mars Helicopter holds much promise for our future science, discovery, and exploration missions to Mars.”

U.S. Rep. John Culberson of Texas echoed Bridenstine’s appreciation of the impact of American firsts on the future of exploration and discovery.

“It’s fitting that the United States of America is the first nation in history to fly the first heavier-than-air craft on another world,” Culberson said. “This exciting and visionary achievement will inspire young people all over the United States to become scientists and engineers, paving the way for even greater discoveries in the future.”

Started in August 2013 as a technology development project at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), the Mars Helicopter had to prove that big things could come in small packages. The result of the team’s four years of design, testing and redesign weighs in at little under four pounds (1.8 kilograms). Its fuselage is about the size of a softball, and its twin, counter-rotating blades will bite into the thin Martian atmosphere at almost 3,000 rpm – about 10 times the rate of a helicopter on Earth.

“Exploring the Red Planet with NASA’s Mars Helicopter exemplifies a successful marriage of science and technology innovation and is a unique opportunity to advance Mars exploration for the future,” said Thomas Zurbuchen, Associate Administrator for NASA's Science Mission Directorate at the agency headquarters in Washington. “After the Wright Brothers proved 117 years ago that powered, sustained, and controlled flight was possible here on Earth, another group of American pioneers may prove the same can be done on another world.”

Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter marshelo.jpg

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/mars-helicopter-to-fly-on-nasa-s-next-red-planet-rover-mission

Will a helicopter work on Mars?
    With regards to helicopter flight, there are two big differences between Earth and Mars. First, the density of the atmosphere on Mars is significantly lower than on Earth (only about 1 percent of our atmospheric density). Second, the gravitational field is also lower on Mars (just 38 percent of the gravity on the surface of the Earth). The lower atmospheric density makes it more difficult to fly a helicopter, but the lower gravity makes it easier.
    The real question—how do helicopters fly? In a very basic model of helicopter thrust, the rotors take air above the helicopter and throw this air down. Since the "thrown" air has an increase in momentum, this requires a force—which is the lift force. Also, we can imagine this mass of air is in the shape of a cylinder with the radius of this air-cylinder the same as the area of the helicopter rotors.

The Physics of NASA's New Mars Helicopter

micropage7, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter

1. Annoying "Don't sink" while flying a certain helicopter - Similar Threads - Annoying Don't sink

2. BSoDs while gaming ANNOYING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs while gaming ANNOYING: Hi, I have a very annoying problem with my PC The problem occurs only while gaming but never in regular using!I had many BSODs with different error codes, it may happened everyday or sometimes a whole week with no BSODs! I tried replacing the RAM in another slot, cleaning the...
  3. BSoDs while gaming ANNOYING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoDs while gaming ANNOYING: Hi, I have a very annoying problem with my PC The problem occurs only while gaming but never in regular using!I had many BSODs with different error codes, it may happened everyday or sometimes a whole week with no BSODs! I tried replacing the RAM in another slot, cleaning the...
  4. BSoDs while gaming ANNOYING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sticky note don't search the fly number america airline

in Cortana
    Sticky note don't search the fly number america airline: Hi all, this is my first time using sticky notes version 3.7.140.0, i create a note with the fly number AA2705 and don't change the color to blue. is enable insights, but is not working. i see a lot of manual and is only typing the fly number, also i see some picture with the...
  6. Windows 10 default drivers don't support A2DP sink mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 default drivers don't support A2DP sink mode: I am trying to play my IPhone7 via my ZEXHTE bluetooth dongle on my Windows 7 PC. I understand that since Windows 7, Microsoft Windows default drivers don;t support A2DP sink mode and that is why it won;t work. My question is whether there is a workaround for this or...
  7. Sinking iphone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sinking iphone: how do I link my iphone to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sinking-iphone/f2228fa6-9255-41d9-8042-02e1d053a2dc
  8. annoying suggestion while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying suggestion while typing: Hi, For the past week or so, whenever I am typing anywhere, let it be notepad or google, I get this annoying suggestion box near the cursor. I don't know where it is coming from and I could see no software installed in my system which could perform this. What I could...
  9. sink music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sink music: How do I sink midia player to my phone Droid Z7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sink-music/75868018-d3cc-4cdd-b8ba-fb7a8e705618"
  10. sink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sink: what do I need to do to add this email to others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sink/46e8f39c-111b-44f6-acd2-3d4e7d45c20d