Windows 10: Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc.

Discus and support Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Last night, I was attempting to figure out how to make Command Prompt register the version as "6.3" when I accidentally edited kernel32.dll's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jayden Montoya, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc.

Hi,

Last night, I was attempting to figure out how to make Command Prompt register the version as "6.3" when I accidentally edited kernel32.dll's branding with Resource Hacker you know, from the XP days where people used it to change the winver branding to see if that helps, but instead of doing the planned way, it instead threw this error message every time I launch a 32-bit program like Speakonia, TTSApp, StartIsBack++, OldNewExplorer, etc.

Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc. [​IMG]

this is Windows 10 1909, NOT Windows 8.1, as you can tell from the system tray icons

Is there a way to get this annoying error message gone? I tried SFC and CHKDSK to no avail.

--Jayden

:)

Jayden Montoya, Sep 16, 2020

2. Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc.

Hi,

Last night, I was attempting to figure out how to make Command Prompt register the version as "6.3" when I accidentally edited kernel32.dll's branding with Resource Hacker (you know, from the XP days where people used it to change the winver branding) to
    see if that helps, but instead of doing the planned way, it instead threw this error message every time I launch a 32-bit program like Speakonia, TTSApp, StartIsBack++, OldNewExplorer, etc.

Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc. [​IMG]

(this is Windows 10 1909, NOT Windows 8.1, as you can tell from the system tray icons)

Is there a way to get this annoying error message gone? I tried SFC and CHKDSK to no avail.

--Jayden

Jayden Montoya, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Altidias Win User
    Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc.

Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc.

1. Annoying error message when trying to launch apps like Speakonia, TTSApp, etc. - Similar Threads - Annoying error message

2. Xbox App error when trying to launch an app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App error when trying to launch an app: Whenever I try to launch my game it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xlx. And I'm clueless I've tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-error-when-trying-to-launch-an-app/651f3ef1-41ce-4d8a-a141-ae3cd8dc743a
  3. Xbox App error when trying to launch an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App error when trying to launch an app: Whenever I try to launch my game it says: The application was unable to start correctly 0xlx. And I'm clueless I've tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-error-when-trying-to-launch-an-app/651f3ef1-41ce-4d8a-a141-ae3cd8dc743a
  4. Xbox App error when trying to launch an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error when trying to launch VALORANT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to launch VALORANT: I was trying to play valorant on my laptop and it would say "a D3D11-compatible GPUFeature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is required to run the engine"and ive watched video on how to fix it and ive done everything, checked for updates on settings,update drivers, download...
  6. Error when trying to launch VALORANT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to launch VALORANT: I was trying to play valorant on my laptop and it would say "a D3D11-compatible GPUFeature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0 is required to run the engine"and ive watched video on how to fix it and ive done everything, checked for updates on settings,update drivers, download...
  7. Error when trying to launch MSFS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when trying to launch MSFS: Hello Getting an error when trying to launch MSFS 2020. Error message states "The request is not supported". Works when right clicked and launched as "Run As Administrator". Any help will be appreciated. Thanks....
  8. Error Message when launching Updated Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Message when launching Updated Edge: I updated the new chromium-based Edge browser. When i now launch the browser, UAC asks me to authorize Edge to make changes to my computer. I have to authorize, then a second time and then the browser launches. I then get the message that Admin Mode is detected and that i...
  9. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  10. I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Internal error messages when trying to launch a game: I don't know exactly how to ask this but is there any way to get this game to work? It is specifically skyrim se from steam. When installed I keep getting these 3 error messages. I tried googling what theyre from and I thought it had something to do with dirext x so I tried...