Windows 10: annoying explorer bug

Discus and support annoying explorer bug in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. Every time I run my PC (OR almost every time I run it) I have to manually kill explorer.exe and run it again via application manager. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shymenJESUS, Jan 14, 2021.

1. annoying explorer bug

Hello.

Every time I run my PC (OR almost every time I run it) I have to manually kill explorer.exe and run it again via application manager. If I don't I can't open any Windows tab (like this computer) I can't open folders etc. It's getting annoying and I don't know what to do. I'm running the latest Windows version.

submitted by /u/shymenJESUS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shymenJESUS, Jan 14, 2021
  2. JaredWild Win User

Bugs that are annoying

I just upgraded to the fall creators update a couple days ago and i'm not happy.

Here is a list of bugs that i have that i tried to fix but can't

• Makes screens too dark(I found a fix using the color manager but it will only apply to one monitor)
    • Toolbar gets stuck open in full screen apps
    • Explorer in task manger no longer has a restart function so i can't fix the stuck toolbar
    • I can't highlight items in the file explorer
    • All apps i open now opens the administrator prompt(never done this before)
    • Can't pin programs to the start menu
    • Had 6 instances of cortana running(huge CPU load)

I hope that someone can tell me some fixes for these bugs or that this list gets to the developer team and gets fixed soon

JaredWild, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Joro Win User
    File Explorer stopped refreshing

Thanks for the suggestion, Spunk. That sounds a bit drastic for the issue, but when it becomes annoying enough to justify, and when I have the time and patience to try it, it may be the next step.

4. annoying explorer bug

Explorer 11 bug

Nope, he didn't get the government websites working in Internet Explorer, they always worked in Internet Explorer. It's the Flash content that IE has trouble with, but he remedied that issue by reverting to Internet Explorer 10. If he switched to Firefox or something else, the government websites wouldn't work.

Arguably his best option is to use both browsers (IE for when he needs to access government websites, Firefox, Chrome, etc. for when he needs to play Flash content) and not one browser exclusively.

I'm not contesting that Internet Explorer is near the bottom of the list for me as far as browsers are concerned, but he has to do what's going to work for him. Frankly in this day and age, it's ridiculous that you should be compelled to access a site with a specific browser, but I'm hardly surprised a government website - governments are really out of touch where technology is concerned - requires you to.

OnePostWonder, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

annoying explorer bug

1. annoying explorer bug - Similar Threads - annoying explorer bug

2. Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance: I added a library in the windows 11 file explorer, and upon doing so the added library downloads, has two horizontal lines present above and below the library. This is quite distracting as it contrasts against everything else around it, and the height of the vertical lines...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer Libraries Bug/Annoyance: I added a library in the windows 11 file explorer, and upon doing so the added library downloads, has two horizontal lines present above and below the library. This is quite distracting as it contrasts against everything else around it, and the height of the vertical lines...
  4. really annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    really annoying bug: [ATTACH] So I've been using Win10 for about a year now and lately there's been this really annoying bug where on google pages, anywhere I click results in the little insertion line showing up. I can't find any information on this, and I wanna know if there's a fix for it....
  5. Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Return of the annoying Windows Explorer folder jump to top bug.: So as a builder of my own PCs since the mid 90s, later windows versions back to XP have suffered from the really annoying behaviour in File Explorer where once the fist column is expanded beyond what can be displayed and a scroll bar appears a few seconds later the column...
  6. Annoying desktop bug!

Annoying desktop bug!: Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying. If you guys have a second monitor like me, you would have a second desktop. Now when I have a file or shortcut, right click > Sort By >...
  7. File Explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoyance: I have 2 W10 pro systems as listed in my systems. One of them (laptop) has a annoying problem when using File Explorer. The issue is when selecting a sub directory in the left window, and then moving the cursor to the right window does not scroll the file list. If you scroll,...
  8. Annoying bug

Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  9. Annoying bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying bug in Windows 10: I made a shortcut key for Snipping Tool and it won't change to anything else. I first made it the . on my number pad. Now I've changed it to F1 (Yes I did click apply). Now it says that the shortcut key is F1 but Snipping Tool won't open when I press F1. It still opens with...
  10. File explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer annoyance: I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I think W10 gives the best of both worlds but there is one thing that really bugs me ... triplication of folders showing in...