Windows 10: Annoying Internet Explorer file...

Discus and support Annoying Internet Explorer file... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; (I don't use Internet Explorer, I've always had it 'disabled' in the 'Add/remove Windows Components' section...) Recently, I've noticed a file (see... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Peter B, May 23, 2017.

1. Peter B Win User

Annoying Internet Explorer file...

(I don't use Internet Explorer, I've always had it 'disabled' in the 'Add/remove Windows Components' section...)

Recently, I've noticed a file (see attached screenshot) that constantly keeps reappearing/regenerating itself even after cleaning (I use CCleaner).

I just wondered if there was a setting I could use to prevent it from occurring? I think this has only started happening since the CU update.

:)

Peter B, May 23, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, May 23, 2017
  3. Oskar270 Win User
    File Explorer Annoying Directories

Thank you Stephanie for your help

I received my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5-1570 from MS Store last Monday and have done no changes so far, just familiarizing myself with my new PC.

Using different USB drives the result is the same as you can see from the attached 2 pictures. One of my friends also has a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 10 Home and she also has the same problem. (The Recovery (DAnnoying Internet Explorer file... :) USB shown in one picture has
    nothing to do with Recovery, its just the name of this USB).

I have installed some third-party apps but the problem was there before.

I’m very familiar doing changes in the registry so if there is a solution to fix this problem thru the registry I have no problem to do so

Nicolas

Annoying Internet Explorer file... [​IMG]

Oskar270, May 23, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Disable 'Suggested Sites' in Internet Options.

Edwin, May 23, 2017
  5. Peter B Win User
    Edwin...that option wasn't displayed in 'Internet Options', so I reinstalled IE and when I rechecked the option was already deselected.

However, the file still kept recreating itself, so then I checked the option, deactivated IE again, restarted my machine and the file has now disappeared!

Go figure!

Peter B, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying Internet Explorer file... - Similar Threads - Annoying Internet Explorer

2. Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File explorer EXTREMELY ANNOYING!: HI, I have been using windows 11 on a fresh install for a while now and I must say the file explorer is atrocious. I have a new computer yet the file explorer has 10-30 sec delay to load folders and such. I would like an option to go back to the windows 10 file explorer. I...
  3. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  4. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  5. Explorer File Not internet explorer

6. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11: In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making through a large 200+ folder of pictures....
  7. File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11

File Explorer viewing annoyance in Windows 11: In Win 11, how do I stop File Explorer from jumping back to the top of the list every few minutes? This also seems to prevent slide show from making through a large 200+ folder of pictures....
  8. File Explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoyance: I have 2 W10 pro systems as listed in my systems. One of them (laptop) has a annoying problem when using File Explorer. The issue is when selecting a sub directory in the left window, and then moving the cursor to the right window does not scroll the file list. If you scroll,...
  9. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  10. File explorer annoyance

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer annoyance: I took the option to upgrade from W7 quite early on and in the main I am a happy bunny - really liked W7/hated W8 although it had some meat features. I think W10 gives the best of both worlds but there is one thing that really bugs me ... triplication of folders showing in...