Windows 10: Annoying issue - other keyboard language is appearing

Discus and support Annoying issue - other keyboard language is appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used EN - Philippines for awhile and had no issue. I have disabled Windows updates using Sledgehammer. And didn't install any language packs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Mar 20, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

Annoying issue - other keyboard language is appearing

I used EN - Philippines for awhile and had no issue. I have disabled Windows updates using Sledgehammer. And didn't install any language packs manually! Yet it happened twice already. English - Us appears on taskbar bottom right. It wasn't showing previously. I read tutorial on these forums: how to remove keyboard language, but nothing else than Philippines was for me in that category!

Last time I solved it by uninstalling philippiness, installing english - us. Then installing phippines back and switching to it, then uninstalling English - us. But this is not a feasible solution... Even keyboard switching hotkeys are both unassigned and last time I checked: I had only 1 keyboard language - English (Philippines)!!!

I don't want to only hide keyboard language on taskbar, I want to delete English US!!! Strange is if I click Language and then keyboard in Windows Setting, there is only English (Philippines appearing) and nothing else. Yet I have 2 on taskbar and can switch to other language!

:)

empleat, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Keyboard layouts and language settings appearing out of nowhere

Hi Bastian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Are you using Local Account or Microsoft Account?

We suggest you to go Region and Language, delete the language and check. Refer the below steps:

• Windows Key.
    • Type Region & Language
    • If you find languages there then delete and check.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Refer the below articles:

Add a language or keyboard

Change your keyboard layout

You can refer to the article to download language packs.

Language packs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win8

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Issues with the multi keyboard languages in Windows 10. Two Hebrew keyboards appear.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To remove the Hebrew US keyboard follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + I key on the keyboard to open Settings.
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & Language.
    4. Click on Hebrew language.
    5. Look for the Hebrew US keyboard.
    6. Click on the Hebrew US keyboard and select
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Annoying issue - other keyboard language is appearing - Similar Threads - Annoying issue keyboard

2. Language & keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language & keyboard issues: I am having issues regarding the Windows display and keyboard language.What I want: Windows displays everything in English, and there are two available keyboard options, English primary and Greek secondary.What I currently have which I have a problem with: Windows displays...
  3. Language & keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language & keyboard issues: I am having issues regarding the Windows display and keyboard language.What I want: Windows displays everything in English, and there are two available keyboard options, English primary and Greek secondary.What I currently have which I have a problem with: Windows displays...
  4. Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys: Every time I press the ctrl left key in a browser whichever the browser is zooming out in 10% if I keep the left ctrl key pressed, the browser can zoom out at the maximum possibilities. Testing with a Microsoft Word document, pressing the left ctrl key writes a minus sign...
  5. Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys: Every time I press the ctrl left key in a browser whichever the browser is zooming out in 10% if I keep the left ctrl key pressed, the browser can zoom out at the maximum possibilities. Testing with a Microsoft Word document, pressing the left ctrl key writes a minus sign...
  6. Issue with language bar not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with language bar not appearing: Hello, The language bar on my taskbar disappeared for no reason when i started my laptop. I've tried all the solutions online checking language settings, taskbar settings, keyboard settings, language bar options, using regedit, sfc scan but nothing works and the language bar...
  7. Mysteriously appearing language and keyboard layout

Mysteriously appearing language and keyboard layout: My Windows 10 was originally installed in Czech language, then I had the language changed to English. I now switch between two keyboard layouts: English United States and Slovak QWERTY via ALT+SHIFT. Every few weeks - without any action on my side - the following happens: -...
  8. Rogue keyboards/languages appearing

Rogue keyboards/languages appearing: I've previously posted about a similar issue here but the thread seemed to die. I continue to have this issue and after several updates since I last posted, I'm still getting it, plus another related issue. In the screenshot below, you can see that I only have US QWERTY in...
  9. Issues with the multi keyboard languages in Windows 10. Two Hebrew keyboards appear.

Issues with the multi keyboard languages in Windows 10. Two Hebrew keyboards appear.: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 in English to write in 3 languages - English, Russian and Hebrew, with the standard US and Hebrew keyboards. Recently a forth keyboard appeared - the Hebrew US keyboard. [ATTACH] I cannot remove this keyboard, however, as it doesn't appear on the...
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...