Windows 10: Annoying McAfee files that can't be deleted.

Discus and support Annoying McAfee files that can't be deleted. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have tried uninstalling the McAfee app itself, using RevoUninstaller and Ccleaner and it still won't allow me to delete it. Also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/digitalhydrogen, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Annoying McAfee files that can't be deleted.

/u/digitalhydrogen, Oct 18, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Patty,
    If you come across files denying you the permission to delete, use this tutorial
    How to Add 'Take Ownership' to Context Menu in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Start with step 2, skip step 3 and 4, continue to step 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Once installed, go back to the file you cannot delete > right click at it > click take Ownership > wait for the flashing black screens to finish > now, try to delete the file again.

By the way, McAfee Removal Tool is really the one you should use first. It is written specifically for that purpose.

davidhk, Oct 18, 2020
  3. PattyS Win User
    Mcafee reinstalls files after uninstall

Hi OldMike,

Thank you for your help. I tried your suggestion, and McAfee will not let me uncheck those boxes. I mean, I uncheck them, but they don't stay unchecked.

PattyS, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Annoying McAfee files that can't be deleted.

McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Annoying McAfee files that can't be deleted.

1. Annoying McAfee files that can't be deleted. - Similar Threads - Annoying McAfee files

2. Can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file: I can't delete a file from my desktop - I either get an error code that the file isn't empty, the file isn't synchronized or that I don't have permission to delete the file. I changed the administrator permissions so that I have full control of the folder but I still can't...
  3. can't delete file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file: [ATTACH] The last time i played Forza i downloaded it thru the Microsoft store but they've changed it when i deleted the game it left the program file and i can't delete it is there a way around this?...
  4. how do i delete mcafee residual files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i delete mcafee residual files?: i attempted to delete Mcafee but it left residual files and i need permission from system when im an administrator? is there any way to fix this and delete the mcafee files under "C:\Program Files\McAfee"? the mcafee files are preventing me from downloading an antivirus....
  5. large McAfee file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    large McAfee file: I just noticed a file called log_0014004000370006.txt. It's in C:\ProgramData\McAfee\WebAdvisor\DownloadScan.dll\ And it's 44gb ! It has just been modified a few minutes ago. Is it safe to delete it? I'm using total AV, but McAfee seems to be still doing something...
  6. Annoying McAfee, Windows and Micosoft Office Renewal Popups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying McAfee, Windows and Micosoft Office Renewal Popups: I have had these annoying popups for months now. It started with McAfee renewal which I've never used then prompts for Microsoft Office renewal and now Windows Premium Upgrade. I've tried scanning with Malwarebytes, AWCleaner, Avast and some other anti-malware software......
  7. McAfee files

McAfee files: I had to contact McAfee because I thought I needed to update my software. My computer kept saying there was an error when trying to install. Come to find out, I did not need to update my McAfee because it was good till 2030. The support guy from McAfee said I needed to...
  8. stop annoying dialog about mcafee on startup/login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop annoying dialog about mcafee on startup/login: Since the last program update to McAfee, every time I log in to my computer I get an annoying dialog box about "Windows cannot find 'C:\program files\WindowsApps\5A894077.McAfeeSecurity_1.4.3.0_x64_wa...\McAfeeSecurityStartup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and...
  9. Can't delete files!

Can't delete files!: For some weird reason, sometimes I can't delete files on my desktop. Says I don't have permission! I'm the only user and have checked all the usual permission places. I have full control. If I restart the PC it's fine again. Can't save any work to the desktop either. All my...
  10. Can't remove mcafee

Can't remove mcafee: I have tried everything I can think of to remove mcafee. I have don't normal way. I have tried using the mcafee removing tool. I went to the actual folder in programs to delete it. I did all of that and did a clean boot. I only thing I havent done is a reset on the computer,...