Windows 10: Annoying multimedia problem

Discus and support Annoying multimedia problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I got myself a new Laptop ASUS VivoBook15 which came with Windows 10. From the start I had problems with Youtube and Netflix. Youtube videos didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dupensik, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Annoying multimedia problem

So I got myself a new Laptop ASUS VivoBook15 which came with Windows 10. From the start I had problems with Youtube and Netflix. Youtube videos didn't start, showing green screen, and Netflix would play for half a minute maybe with a weirdly muted sound, and after that turn into a slideshow with no sound.

I installed all the Windows updates, all the latest drivers, the newest Flash player. Now Youtube starts videos, but then some weird shit happens, either at some point sound stops working, but the video still works normally, or some sudden steady buzzing appears in my loudspeakers. After it happens if i try to open another video it shows the loading "circle" turning forever, and after some time a warning comes to restart the computer and try again if the video doesn't start. After restarting it all repeats again, works normally a bit and then goes to shit.

The weird buzzing sound appeared on a number of other occasions too, once at the moment of unplugging adapter, once when ending a video call on Teams. Please tell me what else can I do with it because it's annoying as hell.

submitted by /u/Dupensik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dupensik, Jul 1, 2020

2. Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller problem

Thanks for providing the screenshots, Nemanja. As what the device status, states, there are no drivers installed for the device so you need to manually search and download the driver for your multimedia controllers. To do that, the device's Hardware ID should
    be obtained first. Follow these steps:

• In Device Manager > Other devices, right-click the Multimedia Controller, then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Details tab.
    • Under Property, look for and select Hardware ids.
    • Copy the first item under Value. It serves as the Hardware ID.
    • Search for the device driver online using the Hardware ID and save it on your PC.
    • Do the same for the Multimedia Video Controller.

Once the drivers are saved, you may now go ahead and install or manually update the drivers for your Multimedia Controllers.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing Multimedia Class Scheduler

My PC crashed and I had to reinstall my Windows 10 Home OS. After this fresh install, audio would no longer come out on my TV when I hook my laptop up via HDMI.

I looked around a few forums and found one here on the official site that suggested this step for the same problem:

=====
    c. Scroll down through the list and find the following services.
    Plug and Play

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

=====

The problem is, Multimedia Class Scheduler is not among the list of services.

The .sys file exists in my System32/drivers folder, at least.

Would downloading the mmcss.dll file solve my problem? All my audio and video drivers are updated, I'd been updating them repeatedly in the hopes that it would fix my problem.

LAPTOP: Asus X455LA

RegineCarandang, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Annoying multimedia problem

Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller problem

Thanks for getting back, Nemanja. Since only Windows 7 driver is available, you can still try installing those drivers in compatibility mode. Please download the Windows 7 drivers for your
    Multimedia Controller and Multimedia Video Controller, save it to your desktop, and install it in compatibility mode.

To install it, follow these steps:

• Right-click the driver file, click Troubleshoot compatibility.
    • Click Troubleshoot program.
    • Check the box that says The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now, then hit
      Next.
    • Click on Windows 7, then hit Next.
    • Click Test the program.
    • If you're asked for a permission to install and allow the driver manufacturer to make changes to your PC, just allow it so the drivers will be installed.

Once installed, try checking your Device Manager and check if both multimedia controllers no longer appear under Other devices.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Annoying multimedia problem

1. Annoying multimedia problem - Similar Threads - Annoying multimedia problem

2. Not a problem but annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not a problem but annoying: Whenever I plug my USB headset in they showed up as speakers. I contacted microdoft support but that didnt help and I looked up on google and yt and still couldn't find a fix. What can I do? submitted by /u/Danutzu37 [link] [comments]...
  3. Win11 Annoying Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Annoying Problems: Bought a new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and I upgraded to Windows11. All looked good for a while but recently I noticed the following VERY annoying problems. 1. Opening a PDF file is fine but if I want to open again the same file or another PDF I get instead the...
  4. Win11 Annoying Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Annoying Problems: Bought a new LG Gram 17” laptop with Windows10 and I upgraded to Windows11. All looked good for a while but recently I noticed the following VERY annoying problems. 1. Opening a PDF file is fine but if I want to open again the same file or another PDF I get instead the...
  5. USB annoying problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB annoying problem: i have windows 10 pro installed on my pc and i clicked import files and videos and now everytime i connect it opens photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-annoying-problem/1deb654d-1ed2-4a8b-8e45-239dabe6fbec
  6. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimedia Keys: When I try to use my multimedia keys it only launches windows media player and I can't use these keys for Spotify. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-keys/34280d0f-25db-4b34-a346-aa5ee31c9ed1
  7. Multimedia Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multimedia Player: Hello, My multimedia files default player is "MPC-HC". A day or two ago it stopped playing .swf files. I did not uninstall the Adobe flash player yet. Searched the internet - could not find an answer, so I'm asking the experts. (Well, its not a windows direct issue) Answers...
  8. Annoying Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Annoying Activation Problem: Need help. I'll give as much information as I can. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in Chinese purchased new in China. Unfortunately, we couldn't add English as an operating language, so I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Since then, I've been...
  9. Multimedia Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia Devices: I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers" listing under Control Panel. Now, however, it matters. I need to know exactly what these icons represent. I've always used...
  10. Multimedia Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia Keys: Hello! I have the All In One Media keyboard and I want to disable the multimedia keys (like the home button, the music button and the explorer button) so I can use them for something else. How do I do it? I can't find any way....