Windows 10: Annoying notification sound

Discus and support Annoying notification sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; in the past 2 weeks there's this annoying pinging notification sound that happens once in a while, many times a day, and i really cant put my finger on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xeylo, Feb 9, 2020.

1. /u/xeylo Win User

Annoying notification sound

in the past 2 weeks there's this annoying pinging notification sound that happens once in a while, many times a day, and i really cant put my finger on whats playing it. i tried closing unknown and known apps, tried disabling notifications through windows settings, tried disabling notifications through all of the apps' settings that can play notifications such as discord and chrome, tried checking the notification tab for anything, i even went to the system sounds menu, and checked each sound one by one but none of them matched the one i hear, and that sound keeps playing.
    please help

submitted by /u/xeylo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xeylo, Feb 9, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Notification sounds are missing!!!!

Hello Nyan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer?

However, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned step:

1. Go to “Control panel”.
    2. Select ‘Sound’.
    3. Under sounds tab select ‘Program event’.
    4. Under program event, select ‘Notification’.
    5. Make sure you select ‘Notification’ sound for startup application and system notification.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Confusing and Annoying sound

Hi Clara,

It is possible that you received the error message USB Device not recognized due to unstable/corrupt USB driver or Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What specific task are you trying to do when you received the error USB device not recognized?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, if you just keep getting a notification and you want to turn it off, I suggest that you follow these steps:

• Type Notifications and actions settings in Cortana/search bar.
    • Under Notifications, disable Get notifications from apps and other senders.

If you're not referring to notifications, I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot error: USB Device not recognized
    when you try to access a USB external hard drive.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Annoying notification sound - Similar Threads - Annoying notification sound

2. Annoying notification sound every minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying notification sound every minute: Hi,I have been consistently getting an annoying beeping type of notification sound every minute over the past couple of days. It goes away when I silence the speakers but when they are on, it is persistent. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting the laptop, updating it, and...
  3. Annoying notification sound every minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying notification sound every minute: Hi,I have been consistently getting an annoying beeping type of notification sound every minute over the past couple of days. It goes away when I silence the speakers but when they are on, it is persistent. I have tried troubleshooting, restarting the laptop, updating it, and...
  4. Annoying notification sound every minute

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Annoying notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying notifications: I would like to know how I can do to remove, disable, disconnect or whatever it is called, notifications from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-notifications/e78ed67d-bddf-42e7-99f5-d257dd2d2562"
  6. Annoying Notification sound...how to stop it, when it's not listed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying Notification sound...how to stop it, when it's not listed?: Folks, I run Macrium backup on my PC. It runs a scheduled backup at either 0200 and/or 0400, depending on the schedule and the type of backup (full or incremental). Running Win10, 1903, v 18362.239 (and in all previously installed versions, about 2 or 3 years' worth),...
  7. Annoying Notification sound...how to stop it, when it's not listed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying Notification sound...how to stop it, when it's not listed?: Folks, I run Macrium backup on my PC. It runs a scheduled backup at either 0200 and/or 0400, depending on the schedule and the type of backup (full or incremental). Running Win10, 1903, v 18362.239 (and in all previously installed versions, about 2 or 3 years' worth),...
  8. Annoying Notifications

Annoying Notifications: How can I uninstall the annoying notifications in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-notifications/eec95bbf-c293-472b-a7bb-bba846f5c471
  9. annoying notification sound every few minutes

annoying notification sound every few minutes: this sound is the same sound that Windows7 would play when you shut down. Couldn't find what's causing it, disabled live tiles, antivirus and other softwares (note it's almost a fresh install of Win10), I'm in Focus Assist mode and other notifications sound differently.....
  10. How to identify annoying notification sounds

in Windows 10 Support
    How to identify annoying notification sounds: Hi all. I have an annoying problem that is driving me nuts. I have a desktop PC (see specs) that is persistently giving two different notification sounds but not showing a banner in the notification area to tell me what is warning/notifying me of. I think I have determined...