Windows 10: Annoying pop-up

Discus and support Annoying pop-up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vivski, Aug 22, 2016.

1. vivski Win User

Annoying pop-up

After installing the anniversary update I now get this annoying pop-up, which I am sure I disabled a year ago, but I cannot work out how to get rid of it this time. It must be somewhere in the Ease of Access centre, but I cannot find it.

If only MS added some text to the pop-up to help us identify it that would make it easier to get rid of it. I think that there is also a pop-up keyboard as well which I have seen once and never want to see again.

In case the image is not easy to see there are 6 icons, one to close the thing, one to add a space, one to add a character, one to add a new line, and another to change the input method or language. I cannot remember what the one next to the close icon is.

Can anyone help?

Annoying pop-up [​IMG]

:)

vivski, Aug 22, 2016

2. Annoying Pop Up

Annisa,

Can give it a try as it wont harm you in anyway.

-Run <<Disk Cleanup>>and
    delete (at ləast) Temporary files,
    Offline web pages and Temporary Internet Files as this will reduce scanning times by security software –IE browser
    clear your cache, cookies, and history, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete – then
    shut down and restart your computer.

Follow these steps:

-Scan your computer with AdwCleaner <<Download AdwCleaner>>

-Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware <<Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal>>

-Scan with HitmanPro <<Download HitmanPro>>

-(OPTIONAL) Reset your browser to default settings <<How to reset Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)>>

<<How to reset Google Chrome settings to default (Complete Guide)>>

<<How to reset Internet Explorer to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)>>

<<How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10>>

-If you don't have an ad blocker installed I suggest you use Adblock Plus. Once installed click on its
    ABP icon at the top of the browser(s) and choose Filter Preferences. Then
    UNcheck the box next to Allow some non-intrusive advertisements.

<<Adblock Plus for Edge browser>> - <<Adblock
    Plus for IE
    >> - <<Adblock
    Plus - Chrome Web Store
    >> - <<Add-ons for Firefox>>

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Annoying pop-up

Do you think it's spam or a scam?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Annoying pop-up

What do you get when you right click on it? That is not a normal Windows pop-up or tile.

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  5. vivski Win User
    I don't think that anything happens when I right click, but I will have to check when it next appears. If my memory is not deceiving me then I did see this a year ago, but did not make a note of how to disable it.

I have not installed any new software since installing the anniversary update, or in the week or two before the update. This pop-up did not appear in the six months, or more, prior to the anniversary update, which is why I think that it is to do with MS.

vivski, Aug 22, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  7. vivski Win User
    Thanks, I will try that tomorrow, if I have time.

vivski, Aug 23, 2016
  8. Annoying pop-up

When the POPup comes agan..
    Open task Manger and you will see the app or service casuing the popup to come..
    Right click on it and choose open file location. It will give you more idea what is causing this screen

manish9009, Aug 23, 2016
  9. vivski Win User
    Thanks, I have Task Manager open and am waiting for the pop-up to see if I can identify it.

vivski, Aug 23, 2016
  10. Bastet Win User
    To me it looks like it's for entering handwriting/handwritten text on a touchscreen.

Bastet, Aug 23, 2016
  11. Just checked on my Dell
    Its the touchscreen keyboard set to pen input

Close it down with the X
    Right click on taskbar and select Hide Touch Keyboard Button

Does it still pop up after doing that?

paulsalter, Aug 23, 2016
  12. vivski Win User
    I have not seen this pop-up since I posted the message so I guess that turning off the on-screen keyboard solved the problem. CCcleaner did not find any problems, I am glad to say.
    Thanks to those who offered help, much appreciated.

vivski, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Annoying pop-up

1. Annoying pop-up - Similar Threads - Annoying pop

2. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  3. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  4. after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...

after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...: PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the time, like to delete pc app store but not able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-11-update-pc-app-store/15cda26a-8b1b-4fd8-bc8d-7e5b182cbeab
  5. after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...: PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the time, like to delete pc app store but not able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-11-update-pc-app-store/15cda26a-8b1b-4fd8-bc8d-7e5b182cbeab
  6. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  7. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  8. Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up: Microsoft privacy settings pop up has made my PC in-operable for days now. I have undertaken every step possible, suggested etc and it still does not stop. Please advise immediately. Thank you. Please do not repeat the instructions on the internet regarding the trust center...
  9. Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up: Microsoft privacy settings pop up has made my PC in-operable for days now. I have undertaken every step possible, suggested etc and it still does not stop. Please advise immediately. Thank you. Please do not repeat the instructions on the internet regarding the trust center...
  10. Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up