Windows 10: annoying pop up

Discus and support annoying pop up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ranjit, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ranjit Win User

annoying pop up

annoying pop up [​IMG]

i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop up comes as i use different programs (in the above case it is opera browser)

:)

ranjit, Dec 21, 2015

2. Annoying Pop Up

Annisa,

Can give it a try as it wont harm you in anyway.

-Run <<Disk Cleanup>>and
    delete (at ləast) Temporary files,
    Offline web pages and Temporary Internet Files as this will reduce scanning times by security software –IE browser
    clear your cache, cookies, and history, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete – then
    shut down and restart your computer.

Follow these steps:

-Scan your computer with AdwCleaner <<Download AdwCleaner>>

-Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware <<Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal>>

-Scan with HitmanPro <<Download HitmanPro>>

-(OPTIONAL) Reset your browser to default settings <<How to reset Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)>>

<<How to reset Google Chrome settings to default (Complete Guide)>>

<<How to reset Internet Explorer to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)>>

<<How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10>>

-If you don't have an ad blocker installed I suggest you use Adblock Plus. Once installed click on its
    ABP icon at the top of the browser(s) and choose Filter Preferences. Then
    UNcheck the box next to Allow some non-intrusive advertisements.

<<Adblock Plus for Edge browser>> - <<Adblock
    Plus for IE
    >> - <<Adblock
    Plus - Chrome Web Store
    >> - <<Add-ons for Firefox>>

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Annoying pop-up

Do you think it's spam or a scam?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 21, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

annoying pop up

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, go to settings (click the Opera logo), click "websites" in the left pane, select "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups".

brummyfan, Dec 21, 2015
  5. ranjit Win User
    annoying pop up [​IMG]

Thank you for the reply, your recommendation "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups" is already checked. I am sure that it is not a browser problem as i am getting same pop up suggesting other software's.

ranjit, Dec 22, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Have you checked for any infection? If not, use Malwarebytes to check whether there are any virus infections.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

annoying pop up

1. annoying pop up - Similar Threads - annoying pop

2. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  3. Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying Caps Lock Off/On and Num Lock Off/On notification/pop up: I have already tried to disable this pop up via task manager through disabling start up apps and control panel and setting menu. I have exhausted all of my options. I'm running the latest as of 4/24/24 version of Windows 11 Home, v23H2, and I have no options to disable the...
  4. after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...

after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...: PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the time, like to delete pc app store but not able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-11-update-pc-app-store/15cda26a-8b1b-4fd8-bc8d-7e5b182cbeab
  5. after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after latest windows 11 update, PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the...: PC app store results in annoying Mcafee pop ups all the time, like to delete pc app store but not able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-windows-11-update-pc-app-store/15cda26a-8b1b-4fd8-bc8d-7e5b182cbeab
  6. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  7. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  8. Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up: Microsoft privacy settings pop up has made my PC in-operable for days now. I have undertaken every step possible, suggested etc and it still does not stop. Please advise immediately. Thank you. Please do not repeat the instructions on the internet regarding the trust center...
  9. Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up: Microsoft privacy settings pop up has made my PC in-operable for days now. I have undertaken every step possible, suggested etc and it still does not stop. Please advise immediately. Thank you. Please do not repeat the instructions on the internet regarding the trust center...
  10. Microsoft respects your privacy annoying pop up