Windows 10: annoying pop up

Discus and support annoying pop up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ranjit, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ranjit Win User

annoying pop up

annoying pop up [​IMG]

i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop up comes as i use different programs (in the above case it is opera browser)

:)

ranjit, Dec 21, 2015

2. Annoying Pop Up

Annisa,

Can give it a try as it wont harm you in anyway.

-Run <<Disk Cleanup>>and
    delete (at ləast) Temporary files,
    Offline web pages and Temporary Internet Files as this will reduce scanning times by security software –IE browser
    clear your cache, cookies, and history, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete – then
    shut down and restart your computer.

Follow these steps:

-Scan your computer with AdwCleaner <<Download AdwCleaner>>

-Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware <<Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal>>

-Scan with HitmanPro <<Download HitmanPro>>

-(OPTIONAL) Reset your browser to default settings <<How to reset Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)>>

<<How to reset Google Chrome settings to default (Complete Guide)>>

<<How to reset Internet Explorer to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)>>

<<How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10>>

-If you don't have an ad blocker installed I suggest you use Adblock Plus. Once installed click on its
    ABP icon at the top of the browser(s) and choose Filter Preferences. Then
    UNcheck the box next to Allow some non-intrusive advertisements.

<<Adblock Plus for Edge browser>> - <<Adblock
    Plus for IE
    >> - <<Adblock
    Plus - Chrome Web Store
    >> - <<Add-ons for Firefox>>

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Annoying pop-up

Do you think it's spam or a scam?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 21, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

annoying pop up

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, go to settings (click the Opera logo), click "websites" in the left pane, select "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups".

brummyfan, Dec 21, 2015
  5. ranjit Win User
    annoying pop up [​IMG]

Thank you for the reply, your recommendation "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups" is already checked. I am sure that it is not a browser problem as i am getting same pop up suggesting other software's.

ranjit, Dec 22, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Have you checked for any infection? If not, use Malwarebytes to check whether there are any virus infections.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

annoying pop up

1. annoying pop up - Similar Threads - annoying pop

2. How to disable annoying pop up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable annoying pop up?: Hi. Every time I want to download something from BBC iPlayer I get this really annoying pop up - [ATTACH] It's only recently started appearing and is still there even when I click to open the app so I then need to click the cancel button. How can I disable it?...
  3. An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...

An annoying picture pops up on desk top before I sign in. I wish to replace with my chosen...: When I turn on my computer, I get an annoying photo not of my choice come onto the screen before I sign in. How do I get rid of it and replace it with a photo of my choosing from my pictures folder?...
  4. Annoying pop-ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying pop-ups: How can I stop the pop-up that occurs when my curser touches a link in my mail app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-ups/5b104e5b-ac3e-4218-8c70-8132729a0515
  5. How to hide the annoying volume pop up???

How to hide the annoying volume pop up???: The volume pop up was actually useful when it was small and disappeared after just a couple of seconds but now its much larger with unnecessary skip and play buttons AND stays up longer. How do reduce the size and/or time displayed or just get rid of it completely?...
  6. annoying pop up ads

annoying pop up ads: new laptop windows 10 home was pre installed. how do I stop the ads from popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-pop-up-ads/1625e3a8-1b66-40a2-b8dd-a0f74192ed8d
  7. Annoying big volume pop-up

Annoying big volume pop-up: Hello, I have been searching for hours and I got so frustrated, this came up out of nowhere, yesterday was all good now when I change the volume this big annoying pop-up shows and it covers my screen and it is just useless. I don't mind the smaller pop-up that shows the...
  8. annoying pop up that attempts to freeze my pc and makes a buzzing noise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    annoying pop up that attempts to freeze my pc and makes a buzzing noise: I'm using Edge on the latest version of windows 10 on my pc. The latest updates are installed I have this very annoying pop up that makes a loud noise and tries to freeze my pc, I have run Windows Defender offline scan, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, sfc...
  9. how to remove annoying side pop-ups that cover what I'm doing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove annoying side pop-ups that cover what I'm doing?: The subject line is the question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-annoying-side-pop-ups-that-cover/18750ed8-35d9-46d7-a3e9-df51a5ddf552
  10. get rid of annoying NOTIFICATIONS pop-up, lower right corner.

get rid of annoying NOTIFICATIONS pop-up, lower right corner.: Cannot get rid of Notifications pop-up which often appears on right side of screen. It is the icon in the task bar, right bottom corner, that looks like a small box with a down arrow at bottom. Have tried Chrome's Settings/notifications/block, etc. doesn't work. Not sure...