Windows 10: Annoying problem forcing me to format

Discus and support Annoying problem forcing me to format in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past couple of months my computer has been frequently disconnecting. It seems to happen mostly in the morning but can happen at various times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by swarfega, Jun 27, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

Annoying problem forcing me to format

For the past couple of months my computer has been frequently disconnecting. It seems to happen mostly in the morning but can happen at various times of the day. These disconnections typically last a second or two. But sometimes I have to replug the powerline adaptor.

I am connected via a Powerline 1200 and ethernet cat 6a cable and its cat 6a all the way to the router.

There is nothing showing in event viewer to indicate a cause.

When I perform sfc /scannow it reports corrupted files but dism is unable to repair them.

I think it is this corruption that is causing the computer to disconnect.

I am therefor thinking about formatting tomorrow morning.

Is there a tool that can verify the downloaded file's integrity (sha1 or something?) then I know the file is ok to use.

Also are there any iso's of the latest version of Windows 10?

I had hoped to stick with this problem until 16th July when Anniversary update would have been released but Microsoft have forced my hand as I use this computer for work and these disconnections I can do with without.

:)

swarfega, Jun 27, 2016

2. E72 Focus Flash

Got this problem too!! It's ultimately annoying that it can't be forced off.

DarkReaper---01, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Freezing and buzzing sound Windows 10

I have a windows 10 tablet/ hybrid and sometimes the screen randomly freezes and there is an annoying buzzing sound which forces me to do a hard restart. I tried reinstalling Windows ten, updating drivers and many other thing but it still did not solve
    this problem. I searched online and many other people had the same problem but with no solution. I think this is a problem only for windows 10 because it has never happened before on any other windows. Can someone please help me fix this problem because it
    is getting really annoying especially when I'm in the middle of important work and am forced to do a hard restart.

Thanks in advance for any help.

William672001, Jun 27, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I have made an ISO using Media Creation Tool, I just need to find published hash sums of it to compare with mine.

EDIT: I've read that MCT checks the integrity of the ISO download for you.

swarfega, Jun 28, 2016
  5. Hazel123 Win User
    I've made two or three ISO's now and haven't checked them (as I never did get the hang of that) and they've all been fine! Last time I was getting errors that couldn't be fixed with scannow it was the drive that was failing. If you're going to do a clean install, then maybe it's time for a new hard drive as well?

Hazel123, Jun 28, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    I shall run the sfc command first thing after install.

swarfega, Jun 28, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Here's what I would do:
    • If sfc keeps failing. You need to run DISM first: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      to make sure it passes then run sfc /scannow. You may have to run sfc multiple times until it's clean
    • Check if the powerline devices are connected on the outlet that has the same circuit breaker on both end.
      For testing purpose, try to connect the PC directly to the router to make sure it's not the powerline that causes disconnection.

topgundcp, Jun 28, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

This is the problem I had before. I am now on a freshly formatted Windows 10 with nothing else installed and I get this:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10586.0

Image Version: 10.0.10586.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

swarfega, Jun 28, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    I have since done an in place reinstall and ran sfc and that seems to have fixed the issue.

swarfega, Jun 28, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    Please mark thread as solved.

cereberus, Jun 28, 2016
  11. swarfega Win User
    Thanks for the help guys.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying problem forcing me to format - Similar Threads - Annoying problem forcing

2. Not a problem but annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not a problem but annoying: Whenever I plug my USB headset in they showed up as speakers. I contacted microdoft support but that didnt help and I looked up on google and yt and still couldn't find a fix. What can I do? submitted by /u/Danutzu37 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives: Hello ! I've been trying to install Windows 11 using the installation assistant, but have come short because I'm forced to wipe my disks as it's the only option available. the 2 other options are grayed out I haven't seen anyone else with my problem concerning Windows 11...
  4. Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Setup forcing me to format my drives: Hello ! I've been trying to install Windows 11 using the installation assistant, but have come short because I'm forced to wipe my disks as it's the only option available. the 2 other options are grayed out I haven't seen anyone else with my problem concerning Windows 11...
  5. USB annoying problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB annoying problem: i have windows 10 pro installed on my pc and i clicked import files and videos and now everytime i connect it opens photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-annoying-problem/1deb654d-1ed2-4a8b-8e45-239dabe6fbec
  6. Chromium is annoying me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium is annoying me: I have uninstalled chromium but whenever I open my laptop chromium would appear. What to do in this situation and how to remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-is-annoying-me/6c12e527-4bbe-4d86-b384-586d2de770f4
  7. Stopping the Annoying Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stopping the Annoying Forced Updates: Hey ya' all. I've been trying to stop these annoying updates. I think I've managed to whip office off the system (so maybe word wont open itself for no reason in a few months). Next, I'd like to stop these forced updates. I find them kind of invasive and would prefer things...
  8. Stopping the Annoying Forced Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stopping the Annoying Forced Updates: Hey ya' all. I've been trying to stop these annoying updates. I think I've managed to whip office off the system (so maybe word wont open itself for no reason in a few months). Next, I'd like to stop these forced updates. I find them kind of invasive and would prefer things...
  9. Annoying multimedia problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying multimedia problem: So I got myself a new Laptop ASUS VivoBook15 which came with Windows 10. From the start I had problems with Youtube and Netflix. Youtube videos didn't start, showing green screen, and Netflix would play for half a minute maybe with a weirdly muted sound, and after that turn...
  10. Annoying Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Annoying Activation Problem: Need help. I'll give as much information as I can. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in Chinese purchased new in China. Unfortunately, we couldn't add English as an operating language, so I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Since then, I've been...