Windows 10: Annoying Problem in Library folder view

Discus and support Annoying Problem in Library folder view in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; -so say i have multiple directories in a give library music library for example ,when i click the down arrow to collapse /expand one directorie's view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacroHard1, May 28, 2021.

1. Annoying Problem in Library folder view

-so say i have multiple directories in a give library music library for example ,when i click the down arrow to collapse /expand one directorie's view ,after i refresh the other follows suit ,can anyone please tell me how to fix this ?the upper image show how i want it to be ,while the one one the bottom shows how it becomes after a refresh be it when collpased or expanded ,they both follow the same state

:)

MacroHard1, May 28, 2021
  2. thegummy Win User

Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

Since the latest update, viewing a folder from within a library shows the view setting (list, details, tiles etc.) that the library has set rather than the view set for that actual folder.

Before the update, it would show the way the folder itself was set up therefore I could use the "Apply view to all folders" function and set every folder to list. Now, each folder does remember its view setting from within the library but I can't find a way to set it for them all, I'd have to go in to each folder individually and set the view to list.

Is there a new way around this or is it a bug from the new update?

Edit: It doesn't even remember each folder's settings so I can't find any way at all of using the library with list view other than changing it each time I look in the folder.

thegummy, May 28, 2021
  3. Zardoc Win User
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue.

Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC".

Yes, this is (supposed to be) true Annoying Problem in Library folder view :).

Up to Windows 8.1 when you chose a view to folders in a specific library this view would apply to all sub folders of that library and stay if closed and re opened. This would work by individual library. *sarc

Annoying Problem in Library folder view [​IMG]

So, I chose my view, closed the library, re opened and looked at a sub file. Here is the result.

Annoying Problem in Library folder view [​IMG]

As you can see, the setting does not apply to the sub folders of that library. It will apply to all the main folders only. Each sub folder has to be set individually in view settings. This makes no sense and is really not practical. *Sad

Like I said, this is a step back from earlier versions of Windows. I've looked everywhere for a fix but I'm at a loss.

Thanks for your help.

Zardoc, May 28, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Annoying Problem in Library folder view

Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

I've always had better luck making those settings in C:\Users and my log-in name. Libraries appear to be merely shortcuts to the actual Folders.

Berton, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Annoying Problem in Library folder view

1. Annoying Problem in Library folder view - Similar Threads - Annoying Problem Library

2. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  3. Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 > File Explorer > Libraries > View > Change default view for all folders and...: I followed the advice here: Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view? Created on December 13, 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-permanently-change-the-default/b6d0580e-92a6-418e-b227-2c8d7825b613,...
  4. Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer: I am using google backup and sync and it created a Drive folder. I put it in a new library and now I want this library to be displayed along with my Docs, Music, Videos (see screen). Is this possible? Or: can this library appear in the side naviation panel with Dropbox and...
  5. Duplicate libraries-library folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  6. Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making Downloads folder folder view less annoying so much: This is again another thread about Downloads folder annoyance, that is Microsoft default folder view settings for this folder. When I upgrade to version 1903 and this happens to me, there a question that keeps coming up in my head, why in the world would Microsoft just makes...
  7. Problem with Folders View on WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Folders View on WIN10: Having a minor problem with the Folder view on the Photos app in WIN10. Just did a clean install of WIN10. The OS sits on an SSD, and my OneDrive Pictures folder sits on a HDD. I moved the default locations of Pictures, Documents and Videos from the SSD C:\ drive to my HDD...
  8. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  9. Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries No Longer Displays Folder's View Setting: Since the latest update, viewing a folder from within a library shows the view setting (list, details, tiles etc.) that the library has set rather than the view set for that actual folder. Before the update, it would show the way the folder itself was set up therefore I...
  10. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...