Windows 10: Annoying problem with gmail opening address

Discus and support Annoying problem with gmail opening address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Everyone just started having a problem with my wife's PC. Gmail is our favoured means for mail. For years, her PC has always opened up to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Skofab, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Skofab Win User

Annoying problem with gmail opening address

Hi Everyone
    just started having a problem with my wife's PC.
    Gmail is our favoured means for mail.
    For years, her PC has always opened up to the favoured address at call up (of two addresses) no problem.
    For whatever reason, it now opens to the 2nd address - this despite the main address showing in settings as the default address.

Tried all the tweaks (I think) without success. I believe this is a common problem - however whatever I try does not do the trick. Your advice and suggestions welcomed
    Thanks
    C
    win 10 Version 2004 (OS build 19041.508)

:)

Skofab, Sep 11, 2020
  2. FrankS Win User

gmail problem

Hi
    I have several gmail accounts and can sign into Chrome with each except for one.
    When I attempt to sign in with the problem account it tells me that the password is incorrect.
    Using Gmail's account recovery & 2 factor authentication gmail sends a verification code to my phone (which I receive).
    The next step is to enter the verification code into account recovery which it accepts.
    It then states that it will send a code to my recovery email address.
    However, I don't receive the email.
    I've attempted using a different recovery email address with no luck.
    Now the email account is working since it receives (& sends) emails daily (vial Mailbird).
    It's just not possible to sign into Chrome with it.
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Sep 11, 2020
  3. removing unwanted gmail addresses

Open your Gmail contacts and down the left hand side at the bottom of the list should be Other Contacts.

Open "Other Contacts".

The bad address may be in this list. Delete the entry.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Annoying problem with gmail opening address

Windows phone 7 hotmail To: selection showing already deleted gmail addresses.

Successfully synched gmail in Windows phone 7. Later contacts in gmail updated using browser on desktop.

Now when I draft a new email using hotmail on windows phone 7, the suggestion list displayed by the phone shows already deleted gmail addresses.

This is annoying...

GeorgeMatt, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Annoying problem with gmail opening address

1. Annoying problem with gmail opening address - Similar Threads - Annoying problem gmail

2. Having problem with gmail not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problem with gmail not opening: i have installed the gmail app but it's not opening for some reasons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problem-with-gmail-not-opening/a31a3e48-6719-4788-baff-5a47cc05d593
  3. Having problem with gmail not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problem with gmail not opening: i have installed the gmail app but it's not opening for some reasons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problem-with-gmail-not-opening/a31a3e48-6719-4788-baff-5a47cc05d593
  4. Not a problem but annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not a problem but annoying: Whenever I plug my USB headset in they showed up as speakers. I contacted microdoft support but that didnt help and I looked up on google and yt and still couldn't find a fix. What can I do? submitted by /u/Danutzu37 [link] [comments]...
  5. Gmail IP address question

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail IP address question: If a gmail email is sent out to a gmail or a normal (non free) email address. Can the receiver find out the sender gmail IP or the address/location that the sender sent out from? Thanks 182299
  6. Gmail IP address question

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail IP address question: If a gmail email is sent out to a gmail or a normal (non free) email address. Can the receiver find out the sender gmail IP or the address/location that the sender sent out from? Thanks 182299
  7. removing unwanted gmail addresses

in Browsers and Email
    removing unwanted gmail addresses: Hi Guys I am still finding unwanted gmail addresses in Google mail. I was helped on here before and I did get rid of many, just need to obliterate the balance. W10 PS. I should have been clearer, my address is XYZ but if/when I want to send mail to myself, in the "to"...
  8. email sent to gmail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    email sent to gmail address: I keep keep getting "DELIVERY HAS FAILED TO THESE RECIPIENTS OR GROUPS" for an email I am sending to gmail account. I KNOW it is the correct address. Please help. thank you...
  9. GMail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GMail address: How can I show my GMail address when sending email from Microsoft email? I merged Gmail with Microsoft email, however when I send an email it does not show my GMail address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-address/82ade453-131e-4d62-b539-e32359827dbf
  10. gmail problem

in Browsers and Email
    gmail problem: Hi I have several gmail accounts and can sign into Chrome with each except for one. When I attempt to sign in with the problem account it tells me that the password is incorrect. Using Gmail's account recovery & 2 factor authentication gmail sends a verification code to my...