Windows 10: Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!!

Discus and support Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is nothing like Windows 10 to trigger an OCD overload! I have a rather insignificant but equally as annoying issue that I hope someone can assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparkster2301, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!!

There is nothing like Windows 10 to trigger an OCD overload! I have a rather insignificant but equally as annoying issue that I hope someone can assist in resolving! I use a piece of software from Lavasoft called Song Sergeant to keep my itunes collection tidy and under control. I noticed a few days ago that the desktop icon for it has randomly changed from its standard icon, to a rather generic looking icon (screenshots attached). The generic icon is not blank like I have seen in the past with this type of issue. Generally I have been able to resolve this issue in the past by resetting the Windows 10 icon cache but no such luck this time!

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling/Reinstalling program.
    2. Running SFC /Scannow
    3. Running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    4. Running CCleaner
    5. Installing software on another PC to try and replicate issue (Software installed correctly with correct icon).
    6. In the past I have been able to resolve blank icons, by selecting Change Icon and correcting, but in this particular case, the Change Icon is greyed out not not selectable!
    7. Installing other apps, (icons appeared just fine).
    8. Using various apps/.bat files recommended for cleaning/resetting Windows 10 icon cache.

What is it with Windows 10 and icons!!! I absolutely refuse, to entertain a fresh clean install of Windows 10 to fix this one icon issue. Anyone with any suggestions before I go insane!

Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!! [​IMG]

:)

sparkster2301, Apr 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Win 10 Icons problem!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to hide icon in the task bar.

If yes I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type in search bar “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Select the option “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Turn off the icons which you want to hide.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!!

Need Advice on Everything!

Take a step back

What is your budget ?
    What are you going to use it for?

TPU members will probly overload you with suggestions

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!!

1. Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!! - Similar Threads - Annoying problem incorrect

2. problem regarding CPU and RAM Memory overloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem regarding CPU and RAM Memory overloads: After recent update of windows 11. I come to know a issue regarding to cpu overloads .Due to more number of powershell processes is running in sytem with higher sizes which consumes approx 100% of memory and the system getting hanged. What can be the solution of this problrm...
  3. Not a problem but annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not a problem but annoying: Whenever I plug my USB headset in they showed up as speakers. I contacted microdoft support but that didnt help and I looked up on google and yt and still couldn't find a fix. What can I do? submitted by /u/Danutzu37 [link] [comments]...
  4. Password Overload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Overload: Okay, I want to change all the passwords that I use to generated ones and am overwhelmed with questions.I have Windows Laptop and Android phone., I use Outlook as primary email and have a Google email, I use Edge as my primary browser on both phone and laptop but do use...
  5. Most annoying problem ever!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Most annoying problem ever!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Hey everyone,So, for the past couple of years I've been using Windows 10 and there's always this absolutely shitty problem I can't ever resolve! I swear I'll KILL myself if I can't solve this stupid problem so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!So, every time Windows needs to install an...
  6. overload mobo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    overload mobo: I not sure what to call it as the title states. Is it possible to overload the mobo using all the USB ports on the I/0 area? I only have two ports left and need to add my printer. Mind you my keybaord and mouse are RGB and I have a Wavlink docking station that's connected but...
  7. Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying problem with incorrect Icon - Help! OCD overload!!: There is nothing like Windows 10 to trigger an OCD overload! I have a rather insignificant but equally as annoying issue that I hope someone can assist in resolving! I use a piece of software from Lavasoft called Song Sergeant to keep my itunes collection tidy and under...
  8. CPU Overload

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Overload: Hi there, My CPU reaches near 100% whenever I open a browser, regardless of the browser. It opens up a dozen or so processes and slows the system down. I've followed the various wikis on MS Answers, and have ran a trace. In the wiki, it mentions uploading the Trace report...
  9. Icon incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon incorrect: https://i.gyazo.com/1b1be32a27ceff06...f3bd98d5a7.png how to reset the whole icon thingy on windows 10? 83486
  10. Help my ocd is out of control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help my ocd is out of control: [img] Help me remove these "2- " characters *cry 101308