Windows 10: Annoying Restart :(

Discus and support Annoying Restart :( in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello everyone, Im having this problem that whenever I play a game online and offline my computer restart Im aware that W10 has an issue with AMD with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pooch22, Mar 16, 2017.

1. pooch22 Win User

Annoying Restart :(

hello everyone, Im having this problem that whenever I play a game online and offline my computer restart
    Im aware that W10 has an issue with AMD with the drivers, so I downloaded the latest driver of my Vcard from the website but it still keeps on restarting. its not like this when my OS is W8.1. I really dont know what to do since Im not that into tech stuff *Sad

PLEASE HELP ME! *Sad *Sad *Sad

Maybe this will help?

Annoying Restart :( [​IMG]

:)

pooch22, Mar 16, 2017
  2. SarahKong Win User

Annoying Automatic Restart ? Stuck in 'Settings'

Your machine might be stuck in a process that got interrupted or never completed.

Reboot it 2 -3 times and then go back to the Updates settings and set your time to boot when updates run again.

Let me know how you make out.

SarahKong, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Annoying Automatic Restart ? Stuck in 'Settings'

I was playing a heavy game that needs to be saved when this occur, and since the automatic restart system suddenly throw the game out to the background it may cause the PC to stuck.

I am not bothered by the fact that the windows need to be restarted at this point.

But what bother me the most is that, why does it have to FORCE the PC to AUTOMATICALLY restart ? Rather than ask the user whether to restart or not ? Or just update it when the user are manually rebooting the PC ?

Now i'm stuck at the 'Setting' tab, that STRANGELY doesn't allow me to go back to the desktop and all the buttons bellow aren't working with an unsaved game that I'D LOVE TO SAVE

EdbertKomarno, Mar 16, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Have you checked that the pc is not overheating? Check vents for dust.
    Is the PC fully up to date with all drivers & Windows/MS updates?

Bastet, Mar 16, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Mar 16, 2017
  6. DeclanT Win User
    Does your power completely cut out or is there a BSOD? If it completely cuts out it will most likely be an overheating or PSU issue. If there is a BSOD please will you link your dump file.

DeclanT, Mar 16, 2017
  7. pooch22 Win User
    thank you guys!

so uh, its not overheating and @DeclanT power is completely cut then restart while im in game.
    @Bastet see, thats when the problem occurs *Sad all of my drivers are fully updated, OS too. but when I rollback to my previous Vcard driver (Sapphire Nitro Radeon r7 360) the older one, everythings run fine, I can go hours and hours of playing
    @TairikuOkami I have downloded multiple drivers both chipset and Vcard drivers but none of the latest one are working.

Also; I can leave my Desktop ON all night downloading movies etc without its restarting so I guess its not about overheating?
    it only restart when Im playing games, Dota2, GTA5 etc etc

sorry guys if I might get you confuse lol

pooch22, Mar 16, 2017
  8. DeclanT Win User

I don't suppose you have another GPU that you could use in your system @pooch22 ? If you do you could use it to rule out that it could be a faulty GPU.

Also please run both of these programs together for around 1 hour and see if the system reboots.
    FurMark: VGA Stress Test

Prime95 Download

DeclanT, Mar 16, 2017
  9. pooch22 Win User
    Hi guys im back! please bear with me *Smile

Here are the results!

Furmark

Prime95

please be advice that im currently using the old driver for my Vcard that has no issue whatsoever but if I change my Vcard driver to the latest driver, the "Restart" will occur

pooch22, Mar 16, 2017
  10. DeclanT Win User
    89'C is hot but not unsafe. Most GPUs can go up to ~97C before they throttle. But it is a sign you have a cooling problem. Be sure your case has plenty of air flow and that it is clean inside. You may have to adjust some cable management if the wires are blocking airflow.

Try updating your drivers again and check what temps you reach before the system cuts out.

DeclanT, Mar 16, 2017
  11. I dont see heat being the problem if it only happens when the newest drivers are installed, i'd put it down to a driver problem however its not a common problem with this release as far as im aware, Which for sure means theres something else. Heat wont help but it i dont think its the main issue.

Devlin1888, Mar 16, 2017
  12. DeclanT Win User
    I Agree and I have never seen driver affect heat before, however, it's very strange that the PC completely cuts out. Is there a reason why you need to update your driver or are you just courious? I would wait for the next drivers and see if the issues persists

DeclanT, Mar 16, 2017
  13. pooch22 Win User

I have red a thread about the incompatibility of the AMD and the Windows 10 but idk if its the real problem im experiencing. to be honest Im a gamer and there are other games that requires latest drivers just to be played like Battlefield1, Just Cause 3, Resident Evil 7 etc etc. whenever I try to run them with my old graphic driver, there will be a pop up message asking me to update my Vcard driver to the latest before I can play them. So, if ever the new drivers are the issue here, is it totally safe for me not to update my drivers?

pooch22, Mar 17, 2017
  14. pooch22 Win User
    im back guys, so I installed the latest driver of my Vcard and it really is the cause of my problem.
    so shud I just stick to the one that works? then how am I suppose to play the latest games then? also is AMD really like this? :/ ugh

pooch22, Mar 17, 2017
  15. How did you uninstall the previous drivers?(the ones that work not the new ones). Did you just install the new ones over the top of the old ones?

Devlin1888, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Annoying Restart :( - Similar Threads - Annoying Restart

2. Annoying startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying startup: Hi,I was wondering how to disable this annoying startup questioning and suggestions see below. I have two reasons to not want it. The first and most important is that it blocks my computer from remote access after startup. I need to physically go to the computer and go...
  3. Annoying startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying startup: Hi,I was wondering how to disable this annoying startup questioning and suggestions see below. I have two reasons to not want it. The first and most important is that it blocks my computer from remote access after startup. I need to physically go to the computer and go...
  4. Annoying caps lock messgae

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying caps lock messgae: Hi there, I got an HP envy laptop and when I was typing and used a caps lock it displayed an on caps lock notification. I tried every solution to remove it, but no success, so I need help...
  5. Annoying caps lock messgae

Annoying caps lock messgae: Hi there, I got an HP envy laptop and when I was typing and used a caps lock it displayed an on caps lock notification. I tried every solution to remove it, but no success, so I need help...
  6. Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/8/2022 12:03:23 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: PC-LIG3 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  7. Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...

Why My Pc Restarts Randomly In the middle of my work? this is very annoying. Source- Kernel...: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/8/2022 12:03:23 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: PC-LIG3 Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  8. my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something

in Windows 10 Customization
    my screen restarts every half hour very annoying when in the middle of something: My computer restarts every half an hour which is very annoying when in the middle of something. how can I stop this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-restarts-every-half-hour-very-annoying/196dc90a-2f30-4f95-aa4c-b53870a043b6
  9. How to prevent auto restarting after annoying updates?? I have absolutely no option to do this!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent auto restarting after annoying updates?? I have absolutely no option to do this!: How to prevent auto restarting after annoying updates?? I have absolutely no option to do this! I don't want to bother my head and choose active or inactive hours. What's going on with updates? It's my laptop and I want to decide when reboot or when doesn't! Microsoft stop...
  10. Super Annoying Accidental Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Super Annoying Accidental Restart Issue: Ever since I got win 10 the computer sometimes goes into a super-turbo let's restart mode just when I try to type something in the search box near the start menu/button. Today it did it so fast I had hardly time to blink before it had restarted. Sometimes it gives me at least...