Windows 10: Annoying screen dimming and sleeping

Discus and support Annoying screen dimming and sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So my laptop will now try to dim the screen and go to sleep { if its either not in a full screen app like a game or youtube vid } i can tell its useing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by viperstrike, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Annoying screen dimming and sleeping

So my laptop will now try to dim the screen and go to sleep { if its either not in a full screen app like a game or youtube vid } i can tell its useing my webcam to see if i am in front of the screen or not because i see the red cam light flash when it begins looking and i can turn it back on just by looking at it i can not find the settings to stop this but its very bothersome and i would appreciate any help

:)

viperstrike, Jul 22, 2019

2. 3109 Classic - Dimming Screen and Keys

I may be missing something but is there a way of stopping the screen and keys dimming. I've swiched off in the Display options the "Power Saver" and "Sleep Mode" but the screen and keys still dim after a very short period.

Very annoying when it's plugged into a Car Kit Cradle. ):

kevinw---01, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Fool Win User
    How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

4. Annoying screen dimming and sleeping

Why is my screen dimming?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Follow these steps to check if that helps.

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on System and click on Power and Sleep.

• For Screen and Sleep category select “Never”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Annoying screen dimming and sleeping

1. Annoying screen dimming and sleeping - Similar Threads - Annoying screen dimming

2. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  3. screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen dimming: Screen dimming wont turn off when I have split tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-dimming/58c5a185-c1e2-4a9f-bf5f-7aa1d3d0be1d
  4. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  5. Dim Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dim Screen: Why is my screen like this?My screen suddenly dims whenever I open minimized appsSomeone help me pleaseI have already tried doing several system restores, sfc /scannow but none worked.It doesn't get dim for some time after a system restore is complete. But if I restart the...
  6. Dimming Screen

Dimming Screen: Hello, I have this problem with my Surface Pro 7 computer. When I switch to a dark screen the screen dims and when i then go back to a bright screen it becomes bright again. Its draining through my battery. I already have disabled the setting that says Adjust brightness when...
  7. Screen Dimming

Screen Dimming: Hello, Ever since a few days ago, the screen brightness on my Surface Laptop keeps reducing to the minimum. I have turned off automatic adjustment to brightness in the Display section in Settings, and still this keeps happening. The brightness indicator on the top left of...
  8. dimming the screen

dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...
  9. Screen dim after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dim after waking from sleep: Recently I have been finding that when I wake my laptop from sleep, the screen is set to minimum brightness, even though it was at maximum brightness when I put it to sleep. I've only been having this problem recently — before that I was using Windows 10 without running into...
  10. Annoying sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Annoying sleep behavior: Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 980 desktop and everything runs smooth with Windows 10. I do have a problem with sleep. The PC goes to sleep after 60 minutes as it's set to. Upon waking it up if I do not keep using keyboard or mouse it goes right back to sleep within a...