Windows 10: Annoying sleep behavior

Discus and support Annoying sleep behavior in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 980 desktop and everything runs smooth with Windows 10. I do have a problem with sleep. The PC goes to sleep after 60... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by T0mmy1977, Dec 2, 2015.

1. T0mmy1977 Win User

Annoying sleep behavior

Hello,

I have a Dell Optiplex 980 desktop and everything runs smooth with Windows 10. I do have a problem with sleep. The PC goes to sleep after 60 minutes as it's set to. Upon waking it up if I do not keep using keyboard or mouse it goes right back to sleep within a minute. It's annoying when you're reading an email and the PC keeps going in to sleep mode. I think the BIOS is set to S1.

What's the culprit?

Thanks

:)

T0mmy1977, Dec 2, 2015

2. W10 Start menu always up on waking from sleep

The Question is "W10 Start Menu always up upon waking from sleep"

As someone else said: "Every time my computer wakes up from sleeping, the start menu is showing, which is really
    annoying."

GearWorld's reply doesn't address the issue at all.

Is there an answer or is Windows 10 incapable of that simple behavior?

LeeMenningen, Dec 2, 2015
  3. vale_asha Win User
    Nokia Asha 311 unexpectedly goes into sleep mode

My 311 is showing erratic behavior. It goes into sleep mode while using it (no app in particular). Very annoying! I've tried taking out the battery, but still the same happens. Any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do about it? Suggestions
    will be greatly appreciated.

vale_asha, Dec 2, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Annoying sleep behavior

Hi, there are lots and lots of threads on sleep issues on this forum... could I suggest it's worth searching through them, then posting back with what you've tried (or even success *Smile)? Thanks!

dalchina, Dec 2, 2015
  5. T0mmy1977 Win User
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0\DefaultPowerSchemeValues

Edit each of the sub-keys. Each corresponds to one of the power plans. If you choose ACSettings (Decimal value is 3600 seconds for 1 hour) you are choosing a behavior for when the machine is plugged in, DCSettings are for battery power.

T0mmy1977, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Annoying sleep behavior

1. Annoying sleep behavior - Similar Threads - Annoying sleep behavior

2. Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys: Every time I press the ctrl left key in a browser whichever the browser is zooming out in 10% if I keep the left ctrl key pressed, the browser can zoom out at the maximum possibilities. Testing with a Microsoft Word document, pressing the left ctrl key writes a minus sign...
  3. Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying keyboard behavior with ctrl and other keys: Every time I press the ctrl left key in a browser whichever the browser is zooming out in 10% if I keep the left ctrl key pressed, the browser can zoom out at the maximum possibilities. Testing with a Microsoft Word document, pressing the left ctrl key writes a minus sign...
  4. Windows Notepad - Keeps performing annoying behavior highlighting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Notepad - Keeps performing annoying behavior highlighting: windows keeps highlighting everything while i'm trying to highlight 1 letter, or highlighting the entire sentence when trying to highlight only the portion inside quotations, or highlighting the entire sentence when only trying to highlight the end-letter, or canceling...
  5. Odd and annoying behavior with Remote Desktop and 2 screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd and annoying behavior with Remote Desktop and 2 screens: OK I've got a small but annoying behavior with latest AMD Graphic driver with my 2 screen setup using remote desktop for work. When I connect to RDP, I'm full screen with the 2 screens. Whenever I get out (Ctrl+Alt+Home) without reducing the window, I place it on my second...
  6. Weird but very annoying Windows 10 Sleep behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird but very annoying Windows 10 Sleep behavior: Hope someone more well versed here can help me but for some reason when I put my PC to sleep it is not instant. It takes 5s-10s for my conputer to go to sleep but the weird thing is it locks my computer (so it goes to the Windows Sign-in screen, before going to sleep seconds...
  7. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  8. Annoying screen dimming and sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Annoying screen dimming and sleeping: So my laptop will now try to dim the screen and go to sleep { if its either not in a full screen app like a game or youtube vid } i can tell its useing my webcam to see if i am in front of the screen or not because i see the red cam light flash when it begins looking and i...
  9. Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Annoying login behavior when unlocking windows: I have noticed something annoying and I have been unable to craft the proper search terms to get me useable results, so here goes. When I log in or unlock my screensaver on Windows 10, WHILE I AM TYPING my username, the cursor jumps within the text box thus scrambling what...
  10. Increasingly annoying network behavior...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increasingly annoying network behavior...: In the last couple of days Windows 10 (on an MS Surface Pro 4) starts to seriously annoy me! Again and again I suddenly can't get a network connection! In such situation WiFi is typically disabled and refuses to be activated (i.e. no matter how often I click the icon, it...