Windows 10: Annoying snapping of the scroll slider

Discus and support Annoying snapping of the scroll slider in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! When Im working in a window of a random application and I want to scroll up/down or left/right in this window, the scroll slider snaps to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sgrhill, Mar 19, 2021.

1. sgrhill Win User

Annoying snapping of the scroll slider

Hi!
    When Im working in a window of a random application and I want to scroll up/down or left/right in this window, the scroll slider snaps to the starting position when I move the mouse pointer beyond a certain distance of the slider.
    See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b81ryIXstuM.
    Why is that? Its quite annoying. In macOS I can move the mouse pointer wherever I want on the screen without this snapping of the scroll bar.

Question: is it possible in Windows 10 to disable this (for me) pointless feature?

Greetz,

:)

sgrhill, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Mar 19, 2021
  3. pedsto Win User
    scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Annoying snapping of the scroll slider

Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Annoying snapping of the scroll slider

1. Annoying snapping of the scroll slider - Similar Threads - Annoying snapping scroll

2. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  3. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  4. How do I disable snap scrolling for spreadsheets in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable snap scrolling for spreadsheets in Windows 10?: So, I've looked across the web for a way to disable this "feature" but I have yet to find a working solution. Any spreadsheet program I use in Windows 10 seems to snap to the cells when trying to scroll instead of smoothly scrolling between cells as has been the case on...
  5. Annoying back snapping of the scroll slider

Annoying back snapping of the scroll slider: Hi! When I’m working in a window of File Explorer or a random application and I want to scroll up/down or left/right in this window with the mouse, the scroll slider snaps back to the starting position when I move the mouse pointer beyond a certain distance of the slider. See...
  6. Annoying filename preview when scrolling in file explorer - 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying filename preview when scrolling in file explorer - 20H2: Just updated to 20H2 and the first thing I noticed was when you are scrolling through files in file explorer, a box pops up beside the scroll bar with preview text of the filenames of your folder. It pops up on top of your files and blocks the files I'm trying to find, its...
  7. Snap on windows 10 annoys me to no end

Snap on windows 10 annoys me to no end: So I switched to Windows 10 today I know, I am very late to the party, I really liked Windows 8.1, but more and more stuff requires 10. I was very sad to figure out that snap is a thing. So I turned that off. Now it turns out, I can't drag fullscreen applications anymore....
  8. Super annoying white bar while scrolling on edge. Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Super annoying white bar while scrolling on edge. Is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Harbobo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3x95y/super_annoying_white_bar_while_scrolling_on_edge/
  9. snap

snap: I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snap/2fe10897-8a5e-4cdb-beff-fab06217a9a7
  10. Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally

Annoying Problem with Snap Assist After Resizing A Window Accidentally: This problem occurred when I had my Google Chrome windows snapped evenly half and half. I accidentally dragged on of the windows which made the window bigger which was where the problem with snap assist occured. With the keyboard shortcuts (win + arrow keys), I usually...