Windows 10: annoying sound like a virus

Discus and support annoying sound like a virus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; it started with the chrome browser on youtube whenever i would watch a youtube video at the end of the video a weird drum sound was played i thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by miwsyed, Sep 9, 2018.

1. miwsyed Win User

annoying sound like a virus

it started with the chrome browser on youtube whenever i would watch a youtube video at the end of the video a weird drum sound was played i thought maybe only in the video it was played,,, actually most commonly appeared in music videos but NOW IN MY COMPUTER WITHOUT A BROWSER BEING OPENED ITS LIKE THE MOST ANNOYING NOISE EVER PLEASE FIX THIS I'm thinking of reinstalling windows 10 as I'm not able to find a solution online,,,

NOW EVERY OFTEN A WEIRD DRUM NOISE IS PLAYED I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS BUT YOU NEED TO GIVE ME A RESPONS ASAP TO FIX THIS.

:)

miwsyed, Sep 9, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue annoying sound like a virus :p

cadaveca, Sep 9, 2018
  3. tomD Win User
    Sounds like malware or virus

It sounds like a malware/virus problem. I would suggest this link; Sysinternals Suite - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs It is somewhat intimidating at first, however pick out "Process Explorer" to download first, it will show you everything running on your system. Look for anything suspicious or you do not recognize. Be sure your malware/virus protection is up to date and run a thorough scan not the quick scan. If you do not already have it, download Malwarebytes; Free Antivirus Replacement & Anti-Malware Tool | Malwarebytes again, run the complete system scan. Also, I highly recommend Trendmicro Housecall free scan & clean tool. You may be surprised what these programs turn up. Free Online Virus Scan | Trend Micro

Lastly, I hope you have backup images of your system, that would be the optimum solution to getting your system back to its original healthy condition, or you may have no alternative but to reformat from scratch.

tomD, Sep 9, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. annoying sound like a virus - Similar Threads - annoying sound virus

2. sounds are annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sounds are annoying: hi Anthony Jackson 2021 I had chrome opened on my laptop I turned up my volume on my laptop thank you let me know if you have any questions about timer i clicked ok and started timer for 5 seconds and 1 second and 3 seconds please turn timer off on google chrome this is...
  3. sounds are annoying

in Windows 10 Customization
    sounds are annoying: hi Anthony Jackson 2021 I had chrome opened on my laptop I turned up my volume on my laptop thank you let me know if you have any questions about timer i clicked ok and started timer for 5 seconds and 1 second and 3 seconds please turn timer off on google chrome this is...
  4. annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying sounds: hi there i had chrome open on my laptop i had to start timer for 1 second and go back to tab and this tab thank you ant let me know if you have any questions about chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/284ccaf5-2848-4435-8cf5-bc672a9d9d26
  5. annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    annoying sounds: hi there i had chrome open on my laptop i had to start timer for 1 second and go back to tab and this tab thank you ant let me know if you have any questions about chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/284ccaf5-2848-4435-8cf5-bc672a9d9d26
  6. annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Annoying sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying sounds: How do I eliminate piano sounds when moving cursor around on screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sounds/2e1779a4-1966-48fa-918d-e2bba91f3a4e
  8. Annoying Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Annoying Sound: I have a new HP computer running Windows 10. I hear a chiming sound every few minutes for no apparent reason. Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sound/58d3bce4-cacc-4eb3-92a8-647537533c46
  9. Annoying sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Annoying sound: So whenever I press "F", it makes an annoying sound. I look at every setting on Windows and I was unable to fix it. It does it on every keyboard I have. Am I the only one having this problem? If you know how to fix it, please tell me what to....
  10. Annoying occasional alert like sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Annoying occasional alert like sound: Win 10. There are no alarms set. System sounds had been muted. Narrator and Text-to-Speech turned off. Silent period 7PM to 7AM. At 1 AM and other times there were loud double bells clangs. At other random times, many hours apart, there have been loud symbol crashes. 78323