Windows 10: annoying user/login problem with deleted account

Discus and support annoying user/login problem with deleted account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; First post, hi guys. I have only one user on this machine. Admin. of course. I deleted the old one that I had two of for some reason, but one is still... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by midihooker, May 14, 2021.

1. annoying user/login problem with deleted account

First post, hi guys. I have only one user on this machine. Admin. of course. I deleted the old one that I had two of for some reason, but one is still present when I log in, auto-login, and that one I is to windows account I forgot the login to. Long story but after a month-long debate with windows agents they concluded that the account was not my account. So every time I log in I have to change to the user I use, a new windows account I created So if I could change the order for the auto-login would be a solution. OR even better delete the user that should be already deleted. I upload a screenshot of "other" users and as you can see it is empty. Any idea? I hate this login procedure every time I shut down my computer. Peppe from Sweden

:)

midihooker, May 14, 2021
  2. Fyreman Win User

Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe".
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The first option asks for a Password- it does not accept any PW I've associated with the account. When selecting the second option, the PIN box appears. I am then able to get to my desktop screen.

I want to do two things: 1) Delete the account that asks for the PW 2) Automatically login and go to my desktop screen. When I go to Control Panel user settings to delete it, there is only ONE account that shows. I've tried at least 6 solutions suggested, none have worked. Probably need step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance.

Fyreman, May 14, 2021
  3. Removing deleted user account from login screen

Hi Macheal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues with the account.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you logging in using a Microsoft account?

If you are using an administrator account, I suggest you to delete the other user accounts once again and check if that helps.

Method 1: I would have you perform the steps-

• Login to your default account.
    • Click on the “Windows logo” and type “User Accounts”.
    • Now, select “Settings” and then select the “User Accounts” icon.
    • Click on “Manage another account” and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.

Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Method 2: If the issue persists, create a new user account and check if it helps.

Refer the following link for help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note the above steps are also valid in Windows 10.

Please contact us for further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Sudharshan M K, May 14, 2021
  4. kenkickr Win User

annoying user/login problem with deleted account

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, May 14, 2021
Thema:

annoying user/login problem with deleted account

1. annoying user/login problem with deleted account - Similar Threads - annoying user login

2. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  3. Deleting user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting user account: I want to delete a user account and a secondary standard account. How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-user-account/6c15ce8e-aede-4e29-8191-55e98b29c33b
  4. annoying another language login problem

in Windows 10 Support
    annoying another language login problem: i have installed urdu language package on my win10 laptop whenever i try to login the default language is set to urdu and i have to change it to english for login to procceed the same thing happens when i open chrome, the language changes from english to urdu by itself and i...
  5. annoying user/login problem with deleted account

in Windows 10 Support
    annoying user/login problem with deleted account: First post, hi guys. I have only one user on this machine. Admin. of course. I deleted the old one that I had two of for some reason, but one is still present when I log in, auto-login, and that one I is to windows account I forgot the login to. Long story but after a...
  6. delete user from login

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete user from login: My PC attempts to log in an old profile on startup. Somehow, it recognizes a password that I did not enter and displays a password login error wrong password. After several seconds, the login screen allows me to select a different profile. I choose my profile and login. The...
  7. Want to DELETE second User Account at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to DELETE second User Account at login: Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe". Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The...
  8. User Account deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account deletion: Hi, I am an administrator trying to delete a user account named "public" in Windows 10 but I am getting error message: "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". How do I change this setting or get permission? Thank you...
  9. Deleted user account

Deleted user account: I have done something really stupid... I am selling my old laptop to a friend, and googled how to delete my user account. I did what it said and deleted a post in the register. Not anywhere on the page did it say that I shouldn't delete the account without creating a new one...
  10. Deleted user account name appears on login screen

Deleted user account name appears on login screen: When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account. This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC). How do I...