Windows 10: Annoying volume changes with multiple windows

Discus and support Annoying volume changes with multiple windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I have two windows open that have sounds. Windows automatically quietens one of them. Annoying feature. How can I fix this? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/district999, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Annoying volume changes with multiple windows

When I have two windows open that have sounds. Windows automatically quietens one of them. Annoying feature. How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/district999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/district999, Jan 23, 2020

2. Annoying big volume pop-up

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 23, 2020
  3. MikeyE Win User
    Disable annoying acceleration for sound volume keys

I'm having the same issue. Mine isn't a complete answer, but I did find a way to change the keyboard's "repeat" setting. Hopefully it will help.

Annoying volume changes with multiple windows B9eAU.png

Like IDizor, my work-around is to avoid tapping the volume keys, and instead hold them down. When I do that the volume goes up and down by 2% steps without accelerating. But, when I tap the volume keys the volume moves at 2%, then 10%, which is very annoying.

MikeyE, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Annoying volume changes with multiple windows

Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Annoying volume changes with multiple windows

1. Annoying volume changes with multiple windows - Similar Threads - Annoying volume changes

2. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  3. changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the volume on the laptop is not changing the volume: I have tried everything on the main page. from speaker properties, updates and further advanced options and nothing seems to be working. it works on headphones. i tried to test my speakers and they preform well on the tests. I can adjust the volume in the settings for...
  4. annoying beep when I change pc volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    annoying beep when I change pc volume: Hoping someone can help me solve this dilemma . I put Windows 11 on my pc yesterday , and when I attempted to change default beep on volume to none, restarted pc , it was still there . Worked fine on pc when I had windows 10 , but didnt work when I upgraded to 11 ....
  5. annoying beep when I change pc volume

annoying beep when I change pc volume: Hoping someone can help me solve this dilemma . I put Windows 11 on my pc yesterday , and when I attempted to change default beep on volume to none, restarted pc , it was still there . Worked fine on pc when I had windows 10 , but didnt work when I upgraded to 11 ....
  6. Volume with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume with multiple displays: I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am having an issue that i need some assistance with and I hope someone can help. Q: I have one 32 in ultrawide as my main display and one 27in rotated in portrait mode. The ultrawide is for gaming and YouTube, and the 27in is...
  7. Volume with multiple displays

Volume with multiple displays: I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I am having an issue that i need some assistance with and I hope someone can help. Q: I have one 32 in ultrawide as my main display and one 27in rotated in portrait mode. The ultrawide is for gaming and YouTube, and the 27in is...
  8. Volume with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume?

How to remove annoying beep every time you change the volume?: Hi, There are a lot of posts about this, and I know that most people recommend just using the mouse wheel to change the volume, which does work, unless you're trying to change the volume from an odd to an even number or viceversa, but I wanna know if there's any way at all...
  10. Annoying big volume pop-up

Annoying big volume pop-up: Hello, I have been searching for hours and I got so frustrated, this came up out of nowhere, yesterday was all good now when I change the volume this big annoying pop-up shows and it covers my screen and it is just useless. I don't mind the smaller pop-up that shows the...