Windows 10: Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack

Discus and support Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No matter what I try and do to fix this, my computer refuses to output audio to my 3mm HyperX headphones. I've tried earbuds that also plug into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x10zxc, Jan 11, 2020.

1. x10zxc Win User

Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack

No matter what I try and do to fix this, my computer refuses to output audio to my 3mm HyperX headphones. I've tried earbuds that also plug into the front jack of my computer and it still doesn't fix anything. This happens with any kind of headphones with a 3mm plug but the computer works fine with USB headphones, which makes no sense at all. When checking Dell Audio, it says the headphones are plugged in but all I get coming out of the headphones is a cracking and popping noise that randomly occurs on both the left and right channels forever.

Here are my specs:

PC Model: Dell OptiPlex 3020

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Cores

BIOS: Dell A02, 1/7/2014

RAM: 8GB

System type: 64-bit

Device: "Speakers / Headphones Realtek High Definition Audio Device"

Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack 5a8ad017-2a40-49ab-aff0-2e429f5b0439?upload=true.png

Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack a28c6c43-38da-41e7-947b-783b643632ca?upload=true.png

:)

x10zxc, Jan 11, 2020

2. Realtek Audio Headphone Jack Issue

Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack 2d8b66ae-5fe3-492d-8bc0-a30b1f46f975.png

The SONY: SRS-X2 listed is a Bluetooth speaker that I have been using in place of the laptop speakers, which generally works fine. I think it's also worth it to note that the Speakers listed here don't change when I actually plug headphones into the laptop.

The Realtek software installed is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, from Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 6.0.1.7548, installed 10/29/2017.

The problem is that audio is no longer coming out of the laptop speakers. Previously, whenever headphones were plugged into or taken out of the jack on the laptop, Realtek would send a notification saying that something had been plugged in or out. However,
    I have not gotten either of those messages since the problem with the speakers started, so it was my assumption that the laptop simply believes that there is something still plugged into the headphone jack that has never been taken out.

The headphones that I use work perfectly fine, and I can get audio from the laptop if I just plug headphones it, however I don't get the notification that I used to.

I followed all the instructions on the Windows 10 checklist, and I did the Fresh Start that was walked through on the other website, however none of this fixed the issue.

On an additional note, downloading the Realtek software listed on the Lenovo site did actually help by fixing a separate issue I was having with my Bluetooth, so I do want to thank you for that as I now have a workable alternative to the laptop speakers
    if it turns out that there's just nothing to fix them.

SarahMcDaniel, Jan 11, 2020
  3. phanta Win User
    Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing really comes in my headphones at all. Need much help.
    Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack [​IMG]

phanta, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack

Audio: No sound when headphones are plugged in to jack

I would also like to add that the Realtek HD audio manager recognizes that something has been plugged into the headphone jack but does not output any sound in spite of that.

Sanjeev303, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack

1. Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack - Similar Threads - Annoying weird audio

2. Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.: Hi, i have a problem with my headphones when plugged in it doesn't detect it. I tried everything like setting different options in the realtek app but when i selected the 2nd opiton in the app, it started playing throught my pc speakers. My windows version is windows 10 22h2...
  3. Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.: Hi, i have a problem with my headphones when plugged in it doesn't detect it. I tried everything like setting different options in the realtek app but when i selected the 2nd opiton in the app, it started playing throught my pc speakers. My windows version is windows 10 22h2...
  4. Windows doesnt detect my headphone when plugged in in a front audio jack. Realtek audio driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I have headphones/speakers plugged in the front jack, they are undetected.

I have headphones/speakers plugged in the front jack, they are undetected.: I always worked with headphones on my computer and today suddenly there was no sound. The system can only output sound from HDMI cable to the monitor. I have tried every solution possible available online, I have updated drivers from Device Manager, I have disabled HDMI audio...
  6. Volume issues when I plug/unplug headphones/earphones from audio jack

Volume issues when I plug/unplug headphones/earphones from audio jack: So when I'm watching videos or playing music on my laptop with the headphones/earphones plugged in before I it on, the volume is just as it should be, but when I unplug it, speaker volume is reduced even when it's at 100% and if I plug back into the jack, the output from my...
  7. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...
  8. Sound issue with front audio jack

Sound issue with front audio jack: I have two computers. Both on windows 10 1903. If I plug in headphones I have sound. If I unplug them I get sound from the internal speaker. If I plug the headphones in later, I cannot get any sound to come out from the headphones, only the internal speaker. In order to get...
  9. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  10. Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now

Plug broke off in rear speaker jack: front headphone jack disabled now: On my desktop a 3.5mm plug broke off in my rear speaker out jack. And now when I try to use the front headphone jack it doesn't work. Did the broken plug in the rear disable the front headphone jack? Can anyone help with either problem? thanks! 114665