Windows 10: Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer

Discus and support Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every 5-minutes, my wifi connection is interrupted and xfinitywifi attempts to connect to my computer! I'm unable to remove it from my list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dmlabuda, Aug 4, 2018.

1. dmlabuda Win User

Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer

Every 5-minutes, my wifi connection is interrupted and xfinitywifi attempts to connect to my computer! I'm unable to remove it from my list of networks. How can I stop it from disrupting my internet connection?

Also wondering why xfinitywifi has a Window's Defender Shield attached to it's listing (see image below)

Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer [​IMG]

:)

dmlabuda, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Chrome crashing wifi usb xfinitywifi accesspass

To better assist you, we'd like to know if have you tried connecting your other device to the xfinitywifi accesspass? If the issue still persist, we suggest that you need to inform the manufacturer so they can provide a troubleshooting steps for your xfinitywifi
    accesspass.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 4, 2018
  3. PMery Win User
    remove xfinitywifi

Hi All,

I would really like to get rid of the xfinitywifi open network. I am NOT an xfinity/comcast customer. But my home PC keeps connecting to it despite *already* being connected to a private network. I've gone into "Network & Internet" and
    forgotten xfinitywifi. It's no longer listed as a known network. But it continues to pop up and automatically connect anyway.

I just want to be connected to the private network I'm paying for and which has a secure password. No offense xfinity/comcast, but I'm more interested in security than in getting a "free" service...

Please help me get rid of xfinity!

p.mery

PMery, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

remove xfinitywifi

Hi PMery,

Since your device is still connecting to the xfinitywifi even after forgetting the network, a full reset of the network might resolve the problem. Here's how:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Choose Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, click Status.
    • Click Network reset.
    • Hit Reset now.
    • Press Yes on the pop-up.

Disclaimer: After performing a full reset of the network, Windows will forget your Ethernet network, along with all your WiFi networks and passwords. This will also remove then reinstall your network adapters. and set other networking
    components back to their original settings. You might need to reinstall other networking software afterwards, such as VPN client software or virtual switches.

If the issue persists after performing the steps above, you may also try the solutions provided on this
    support articleon how to fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ralph Sta, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer - Similar Threads - Annoying xfinitywifi persistently

2. Persistent Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues on My System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues on My System: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I have been encountering persistent issues with WiFi connectivity on my system for the past month, and despite extensive online research, I have been unable to find a suitable solution. I am reaching out to this...
  3. Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: I hope this finds everyone well. I've stumbled upon a issue on my Windows 11 over the last 2-3 days that has left me scratching my head. Every time I boot up, I'm greeted with an "Explorer.EXE" popup featuring a blank message box. Despite my best attempts to troubleshoot, the...
  4. Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: I hope this finds everyone well. I've stumbled upon a issue on my Windows 11 over the last 2-3 days that has left me scratching my head. Every time I boot up, I'm greeted with an "Explorer.EXE" popup featuring a blank message box. Despite my best attempts to troubleshoot, the...
  5. new feature occurring on my computer that is annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new feature occurring on my computer that is annoying: There is a new feature occurring on my computer that is annoying Every time I move a file somewhere, a very large arrow and description/dialog of the move occurssee attached picsHow do I disable this new feature ?...
  6. new feature occurring on my computer that is annoying

new feature occurring on my computer that is annoying: There is a new feature occurring on my computer that is annoying Every time I move a file somewhere, a very large arrow and description/dialog of the move occurssee attached picsHow do I disable this new feature ?...
  7. Persistent and annoying FLIGHT MODE icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Persistent and annoying FLIGHT MODE icon: Hi My Win10 machine has recently started showing a FLIGHT MODE icon in the connection centre when I go to fire up my VPN I have looked long (but perhaps not hard enough) through all sorts of "solutions" but none of them stick. I have an HP running Win10Pro 64-bit Intel I5...
  8. Cannot connect to xfinitywifi on my computer

Cannot connect to xfinitywifi on my computer: I'm trying to connect to xfinitywifi on my laptop, but it gives me a message saying cannot connect to this network no matter where in the house I am....
  9. Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer

Annoying xfinitywifi persistently attempts to connect to my computer: Every 5-minutes, my wifi connection is interrupted and xfinitywifi attempts to connect to my computer! I'm unable to remove it from my list of networks. How can I stop it from disrupting my internet connection? Also wondering why xfinitywifi has a Window's Defender Shield...
  10. remove xfinitywifi

remove xfinitywifi: Hi All, I would really like to get rid of the xfinitywifi open network. I am NOT an xfinity/comcast customer. But my home PC keeps connecting to it despite *already* being connected to a private network. I've gone into "Network & Internet" and forgotten xfinitywifi....