Windows 10: Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts

Discus and support Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The context menu contains only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu contained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thename, Jan 1, 2021.

1. thename Win User

Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts

The context menu contains only
    - unpin
    - close (if referenced program is running).

Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu contained
    - properties
    - run as admin.

:)

thename, Jan 1, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

Depends on the app or program..., depends on your max jump list limit..., depends on a lot of things...

Example:
    The Settings App, you got squat!

Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts [​IMG]

Some apps are normal, sorta...

Win32 programs are still integrated, (for now!!!) with File Explorer, so they're traditional...

Edwin, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User

There is not many attributes available in the right click Taskbar context menu for UWP apps..., some inferior UWP apps don't even have jump lists!
    for Win32 programs, it should be the same as it's always been, or similar.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2021
  4. thename Win User

thename, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Anomalous context menu in all taskbar shortcuts - Similar Threads - Anomalous context menu

2. How to enable the Task Manager shortcut in the Taskbar context menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the Task Manager shortcut in the Taskbar context menu in Windows 11: A few days ago, a cumulative update called KB5019509 was rolled out to Windows 11 22H2. It brought a few interesting changes, including a Tabbed File Explorer, Suggested Actions, Taskbar Overflow and more [ATTACH] I came across a few posts that claimed that a new way to...
  3. How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add a custom shortcut / context menu for all video files: According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/shell/app-registration#registering-a-perceived-type, this can be done by adding the below registry entries...HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT SystemFileAssociations video shell openApp1...
  4. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished: Win10 Pro (20H2, says winver). Updated from 2004; visually unchanged, including taskbar. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus are less useful, containing only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu...
  5. Context menu on taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  6. SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    SendTo: context menu doesnt show all the shortcuts: Most of my scripts stored in the SendTo folder, but some with other extension don't show. Eg. script.ahk dont show, but script.exe does, any idea how to solve this? Thanks! ps: (In the properties of the file or shortcuts, the "hidden" attributes box is unchecked. So it's...
  7. Create Shortcut on context menu

Create Shortcut on context menu: Is there a way to take "Desktop - Create Shortcut" from the send to menu and put it on the top menu? 96298
  8. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  9. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126
  10. New shortcut directly on context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut directly on context menu: OK, it's on the New submenu. But I'd like to have it right on the main context menu, ready to click. Or maybe a separate shortcut for NewShortcut? 84207