Windows 10: Anormal disk activity

Discus and support Anormal disk activity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I am in the good category but I have a problem with one of my HDD. He is always doing something I don't know what. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KmE, Nov 19, 2015.

1. KME
    KmE Win User

Anormal disk activity

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if I am in the good category but I have a problem with one of my HDD. He is always doing something I don't know what. It is a storage drive with music, picture and school backup on it and that is it. Here a picture of the activity of the disk. What can it be ? What can I do to diagnostic the problem ? Thx in advance.

Anormal disk activity [​IMG]

:)

2. RAM onto N96 (only 44 Mo after booting the phone !)

Yes it's not cool ! But I think that N96 Nseries has a real problem with its RAM. It's quite anormal to have "full memory, close App" messages with 128 mo RAM all in all !

lifebloger---01, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Safe mode with Networking

Im stuck in safe mode with networking. Restart puts me back to the same. How do i get back to anormal boot?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BillFisherjr, Nov 19, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Anormal disk activity

JohnC, Nov 19, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    There are other actions that take place during normal usage, Page/swap file for instance. Than some delayed action maintenance like defraging, Defender checks etc. All those things are quite normal. In Task manager you can see what's and how much using disk.

CountMike, Nov 19, 2015
  6. KME
    KmE Win User
    Thank you for your reply... I usually turn that hard drive offline because of the noise he made is annoying. All my 5 others hard drives never did that. But last night, considering what you told me, I let him run all night and this morning he stop. No activity at all finally. I still don't know what he was doing but it took it a while. I am happy it is finish. Just to let you know, i am always turning search indexing option off with Windows 7. I remember to remove most location of my computer from indexing options in Windows 10, as I see those option are different from windows 7. So I still don't know what the disk was doing. But It stop now and i am glad. I let you know if it start again getting crazy !!! Thank you !!!

7. CountMike New Member
    It's good practice to sometimes leave computer on in idle state overnight to finish up automatic maintenance that happens scheduled for that time.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anormal disk activity

1. Anormal disk activity - Similar Threads - Anormal disk activity

2. Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anormal High fan and cpu usage-High cpu temperature: Hello, I am X550JK Asus laptop user. I noticed a problem some time after I added an 8gb ram boost to my computer. Computer fans speed up and slow down abruptly and this happens all the time. I applied new thermal paste, after applying it, my computer did not get hot at all,...
  3. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  4. antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    antimalware service executable USİNG ANORMALLY RAM: Windows using anormally ram. How can I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-service-executable-us%C4%B0ng/7049f19b-9ac5-49a5-aebc-537d81206d0c
  5. Suspicious disk activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious disk activity: I have no user applications open, and the resource monitor shows the system using my disk, which is doing a lot of seeks. The process I found was ksecdd.sys. Should it be using a lot of disk activity when the rest of the system is at rest? I tried disabling the ethernet...
  6. Suspicious disk activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious disk activity: I have no user applications open, and the resource monitor shows the system using my disk, which is doing a lot of seeks. The process I found was ksecdd.sys. Should it be using a lot of disk activity when the rest of the system is at rest? I tried disabling the ethernet...
  7. Windows activation disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation disk: I lost my windows activation disk and i'm sad. I left it in another state so I cant get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-disk/a407c889-1dc0-4ad8-a38e-a31bb1b0aaf4
  8. active primary disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    active primary disk: Hello, So i was trying to create a recovery drive on my SSd card, because my 2 usb 's are used for a mouse and history file. Turning on my history file it had a message saying "You're not to have a system file on a removable drive." I went into disk...
  9. Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal: Hi, I have Windows 10 pro 64bits and a Mi notebook pro (i7 8550u). I noticed from a month that I am having very high CPU usage from the task "taskmgr.exe"( Task Manager itself). The CPU usage is about -17-42 %. Here are the things I did and tried: Update Windows 10 Run...
  10. Disk Activity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disk Activity: How do you stop the constant disk activity it is becoming a joke, every thing freezes until it stops. How do you turn off updates, there must be a hack or something out there. 43804