Windows 10: Another 0x80070005 post...with a twist

Discus and support Another 0x80070005 post...with a twist in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been looking around for a solid fix for this problem, but I can't find a scenario that fits my own. Long story short, I just built a new PC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ebon13, Jun 5, 2020.

1. /u/Ebon13 Win User

Another 0x80070005 post...with a twist

I've been looking around for a solid fix for this problem, but I can't find a scenario that fits my own. Long story short, I just built a new PC and installed windows 10 on a SSD for obvious reasons. I took my old HHD out to act as additional storage and tried making that the main location for installing apps rather than the small SSD. The problem is that the old HHD has apps too because at one point it was my primary boot drive (yada, yada). The error message I get is: "this drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, these apps must be deleted. Continue?" Of course, when I try to continue with the deletion, I get the 0x80070005 error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Troubleshooting:

- I've gone through the program files folder looking for the hidden app folder, can't seem to find it.

- Have updated the system as recommended

- Tried searching for Svchost as i've seen on a forum somewhere, also couldn't find it on that drive.

submitted by /u/Ebon13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ebon13, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Another 0x80070005 post...with a twist

Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Another 0x80070005 post...with a twist

1. Another 0x80070005 post...with a twist - Similar Threads - Another 0x80070005 post

2. A twist to another question. I'm baffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A twist to another question. I'm baffled.: This has been a question asked in the past but my question has a twist to the original. My keyboard on my laptop suddenly stopped typing certain letters. Now that has been answered. The twist is: the letters that will not type, will not type only after CERTAIN certain...
  3. A twist to another question. I'm baffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A twist to another question. I'm baffled.: This has been a question asked in the past but my question has a twist to the original. My keyboard on my laptop suddenly stopped typing certain letters. Now that has been answered. The twist is: the letters that will not type, will not type only after CERTAIN certain...
  4. Another post about updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Another post about updates: Is it worth installing the Intel firmware drivers that are under the optional list? What about the ones listed for my mouse (Razer HID) and Microsoft Wireless Router Module? Is there a way (and is it safe) to disable optional updates entirely? What about the Cumulative...
  5. Responding to another member's post

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Responding to another member's post: how do I reply to another poster's suggestion of help with my problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/responding-to-another-members-post/f45103b1-8147-4eb4-b17e-e65ffbb4a37e
  6. Yes, another Teredo post.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yes, another Teredo post.: Well good day everyone, as you can see by the title of the post, Teredo will not work. I've searched through countless articles and tried everything with no success. This happened on my previous PC, the only way I fixed it was by getting a new one. It is not an issue with my...
  7. Another single account multiple pc's with a twist

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another single account multiple pc's with a twist: I have a main pc a HP (version 1903) and a dell (version 1909) I want to set up a single user multiple login on the two. Here's the thing throwing me off. The Dell already has another user account on it that my wife uses occasionally. All the instructions I've found is for...
  8. Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yet another flickering screen....with one weird twist: I've, been trying to solve a flickering screen issue for some time now. I have done the troubleshooting recommended by Microsoft, including 1) checking if Task Manager flickers (it does); 2) noting that external monitor doesn't flicker, even when the primary is flickering....
  9. Moved post to another forum

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Moved post to another forum: delete this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moved-post-to-another-forum/a6fbd2b4-4aa2-444f-a714-5d25f5298864"
  10. Another 'No Intel[R] Network Adaptor Present', but with a twist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Another 'No Intel[R] Network Adaptor Present', but with a twist: Hello, This is the basic history of events: Yesterday, my existing motherboard failed -an old Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L variant, running a Core2Duo E8400. I researched and bought a Gigabyte GA-H270-HD5, with an Intel G4650 CPU & 4GB RAM. After setting the hardware up, I...
Tags: