Windows 10: Another account showed up at login

Discus and support Another account showed up at login in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turn on my leptop there is two accounts in the login, my actual account and another account. I just login to my actual account, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dlspr1, Jan 25, 2022.

1. dlspr1 Win User

Another account showed up at login

When I turn on my leptop there is two accounts in the login, my actual account and another account. I just login to my actual account, when I try to remove the another account it's not on the list at netplwiz.Also, account only showed up when I turned my laptop after shut down, not sleep.

:)

dlspr1, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Solutions Win User

Unable to Hide Built in Adminstrator Account (Version 1909.)

Bree, having followed your advice, a second account named "Andrew Griffin" appeared in the list of accounts on the login screen. This disappeared when I reversed the step.

Brink, I didn't delete my account - it shows up as as "oem" in netplwiz.

Attached a is list of accounts and you'll see that the guest account is degraded - relevant?UserAccountDetails.txt

Solutions, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Another account showed up at login

Pictures thumbnails not showing for a local Windows 10 login account

Thank you for getting back to us. In this case, we suggest that you enable the hidden administrator account by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line, and then press Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

Note: There's no password for the hidden administrator account.
    • Access the hidden administrator account and check if the thumbnails of your picture files are showing.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you use System File Checker tool. This tool will help us to determine
    if there are system file corruption that caused the issue to happen.

After doing the above steps, you must disable the hidden administrator account again because we are just using it for troubleshooting:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line, and then press Enter:

net user administrator /active:no
    • The administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen anymore.

Let us know how it goes

Janeane Cru, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Another account showed up at login

1. Another account showed up at login - Similar Threads - Another account showed

2. Microsoft account doesn't show up in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account doesn't show up in login screen: A few hours ago, my PC's power was cut by a power outage. The power is back on now, but the account I normally use has vanished from the login list. I can't add it onto the PC because it exists as an account on the PC already, I can't delete it because net user delete doesn't...
  3. Microsoft account doesn't show up in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account doesn't show up in login screen: A few hours ago, my PC's power was cut by a power outage. The power is back on now, but the account I normally use has vanished from the login list. I can't add it onto the PC because it exists as an account on the PC already, I can't delete it because net user delete doesn't...
  4. Microsoft account doesn't show up in login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. accounts on the computer login do not show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accounts on the computer login do not show up: the only account that shows up is one of the guest accounts and it does not have an option to log in to another account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-on-the-computer-login-do-not-show-up/10748e5a-4850-4c90-bd68-dcaedef99847
  6. accounts on the computer login do not show up

accounts on the computer login do not show up: the only account that shows up is one of the guest accounts and it does not have an option to log in to another account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-on-the-computer-login-do-not-show-up/10748e5a-4850-4c90-bd68-dcaedef99847
  7. accounts on the computer login do not show up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Another account showed up at login

Another account showed up at login: When I turn on my leptop there is two accounts in the login, my actual account and another account. I just login to my actual account, when I try to remove the another account it's not on the list at netplwiz.Also, account only showed up when I turned my laptop after shut...
  9. My deleted account only shows up at login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My deleted account only shows up at login: At first one account would only show up at login instead of 3, so I deleted the account that would only show up. Now the account I deleted still shows up and I can't login because it keeps saying the password is wrong and its not, and the other 2 accounts are still on the...
  10. Second Account not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Account not showing up on login screen: I have two accounts on my laptop and whenever I'm signed into one and go to the lock screen, the other one doesn't show up. Only one account shows up under Users in task manager as well, but both show up in control panel and both are under C:/Users. What's the issue here?...