Windows 10: Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future

Discus and support Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Most customers who have bought Windows 11 or upgraded from an earlier version of Windows that they bought may not have expected that they will see more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 8, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future

Most customers who have bought Windows 11 or upgraded from an earlier version of Windows that they bought may not have expected that they will see more and more advertisement in the operating system.

Twitter user Albacore, known for deep diving into Windows Insider Builds, has discovered that Microsoft is working on pushing ads on the Home Settings page of the system.

When users open the Settings app, Home is the start page. The upcoming Home page may display an ad for Microsoft 365 at the top. It offers a free trial for Microsoft 365. Below that, Microsoft may display storage information and tips on finishing securing the account.

Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future microsoft-settings-ads.jpg

A second iteration of the Home page has the Microsoft 365 ad displayed at the bottom of the screen, and the Storage component above it.

Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future microsoft-windows-11-settings-ads.jpg

The Accounts page may display product support notification in the future. The following screenshot shows a notice informing the user that Office 2013 support has ended.

Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future microsoft-settings-ads-windows.jpg

The Home ads are not the only areas of Windows 11 that may get advertisement for Microsoft 365 in the future. Microsoft has been testing Start Menu ads recently. These are displayed in the session menu when users click on their profile icon in Start.

Microsoft has tested several iterations of these, including one that displays an error icon on the profile icon if a local Windows account is used. There has also been an experiment with File Explorer ads in 2022.

Microsoft is pushing Microsoft Accounts on Windows 11 and, as the next step, a Microsoft 365 subscription. While using a Microsoft Account has benefits to a user, some users prefer to use local accounts. There are good reasons for using a local account, including that Microsoft does not know nearly as much about the user.

It is clear that Microsoft is pushing its subscription-based service to increase revenue. It almost seems as if these upsells could become one of Microsoft's major strategies going forward.

Most of these changes have appeared in Insider builds only up until now. It remains to be seen if and how they land in Stable versions, and whether users will have options to turn these off.

Now You: what do you think about this trend? (via Deskmodder)

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 8, 2023

2. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 8, 2023
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 8, 2023
  4. surfer10k Win User

New W10 install not showing "Newly added apps".

Just installed fresh W10 home.

Just after install ne applications were being shown in the Start menu, recently added apps section. Then it stopped and that area is now blank.

It does show "most used apps" and I can switch that on and off using "personalization" menu.

I switched all options off in Personalization menu/Start but that did not help.

Now "Occasional show suggestions in start", "show most used apps", "show recently added apps" and show recenty opened items in jump list.." are all on.

thx for any help

surfer10k, May 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Another area in Windows 11 may show ads in the future - Similar Threads - Another area may

2. Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show all icons in the notification area Windows 11 - permanently: I want to show all icons in the notification area in Windows 11. This was simple in Windows 10. You just chose to show all icons, and never had to think about it again.In Windows 11, it seems like you have to manually turn on every single icon. Then when even a minor update...
  3. Saving may windows oem for future use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving may windows oem for future use: I purchased a laptop with windows 11 with a original own in bios. I need to remove it and change it to Linux for my work. However after three to four years I might use windows again. What I can do to save my windows os....
  4. Saving may windows oem for future use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving may windows oem for future use: I purchased a laptop with windows 11 with a original own in bios. I need to remove it and change it to Linux for my work. However after three to four years I might use windows again. What I can do to save my windows os....
  5. Saving may windows oem for future use

6. Saving Windows 11 for the future

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Windows 11 for the future: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I need to delete it from the disk and replace it with Ubuntu Linux for work purposes. However, in some years 3 or 4 I might want to put Windows back on and use the laptop for gaming. What should...
  7. Saving Windows 11 for the future

Saving Windows 11 for the future: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I need to delete it from the disk and replace it with Ubuntu Linux for work purposes. However, in some years 3 or 4 I might want to put Windows back on and use the laptop for gaming. What should...
  8. adding another monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding another monitor: Hello, I am trying to install my 2nd monitor to my CyberPower GMA6200WST PC, and when i plug in my second one, both screens go black and say " no signal ". I need help....
  9. Adding another PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding another PC: Now I have 4 kids at home, one of them doesn't have powerpoint on their laptop. Can my subscription cover another laptop? Penny. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-pc/b7c7dcca-122e-458f-ab48-17d20136bc41
  10. Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?

in Browsers and Email
    Adding IE in the Quick Launch area?: I have added the Quick Launch to my Taskbar and now I cannot figure out a way to add Internet Explorer to the Quick Launch area. I know how to Pin to Taskbar, but that's the way I really want it to be. I rather have it in the Quick Launch area instead. I tried dragging it...