Windows 10: Another broken update?

Discus and support Another broken update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How many times are we going to be given updates that change settings, lose settings and generally stuff around with computers that were previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcGG, Aug 12, 2020.

1. MarcGG Win User

Another broken update?

How many times are we going to be given updates that change settings, lose settings and generally stuff around with computers that were previously working well?

I am utterly sick of having my settings changed and information lost thanks to **** updates from Microsoft.

My system is currently re-downloading the WOTB game that just prior to this broken update was working fine.

Why the hell can't Microsoft ever get these updates right?

How many more nasty surprises are waiting for me thanks to this latest colossal stuff up?

:)

MarcGG, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, Aug 12, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Another broken update?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Another broken update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Another broken update?

1. Another broken update? - Similar Threads - Another broken update

2. Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates broken, windows reinstall broken: Hi. I have been down a large rabbit hole of trying to fix my windows after multiple update failures and now my pc audio drivers no longer function. I finally came to this result here. Its the exact situation I find myself in....
  3. Is updating broken?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is updating broken?: I have been trying to update for a couple of days.Originally, I got the "Windows Update Failed" error Error code: 0x80070003Tried a few times, and as of right now, my Windows Update page says "You're up to date".However, under history, Feature updates, it says:Feature update...
  4. Another update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another update: You can't turn your back on Windows for a minute without it slipping in another update you've been trying to put off. Then you spend hours fixing things a simple update shouldn't break only to find out days later that it has been secretly deleting files or running your SSDs...
  5. Accessing my broken laptops SSD with another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing my broken laptops SSD with another computer: My Lenovo Yoga laptop with Win10 broke down. It still runs I hear the fan and see the power button light and keyboard lights but screen is blank on startup. Not even the Lenovo start screen shows up, unless I manage to get to the Windows "Automatic repair screen" light blue...
  6. Update broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broken: Hey all, I have been trying to update my computer (Windows 10) to the newest version in order to be able to download the xbox games pass app. When updating, it verifies everything and begins installation but once it hits 71% every time it suddenly freezes my entire PC. I...
  7. Is the graphics card or another component broken?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is the graphics card or another component broken?: Hello, fellowship, something weird happened to my computer yesterday. Can you tell me what could have caused it? I almost assume that the graphics card failed. Here's what I did: I have started the game GTA5 (this usually takes about 2-3 minutes until I am in an online...
  8. Oh look, another broken Windows update! KB4493472 and KB4493446 causing issues

in Windows 10 News
    Oh look, another broken Windows update! KB4493472 and KB4493446 causing issues: Reports are coming in left and right that the recent security updates for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are causing issues on machines they are installed on under certain circumstances. I added a note to the Tuesday's Patch...
  9. Another Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Update?: I just got the new update 2 weeks ago now I am getting a message that there is another update that I have to restart my computer for. Is this part of the creators update or something new? 91524
  10. Another Update Another Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Another Update Another Problem: Really getting tired of this OS. Second time this happened. 1 >Default browser went back to IE. 2 >Settings opens Control Panel 3 >Programs that should appear on Task bar DON'T 4 >More that I didn't write down 1 > Ran sfc /scannow TWICE nothing 2 > This one is great...