Windows 10: Another BSOD inquiry

Discus and support Another BSOD inquiry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently my pc has been restarting on its own due to what I think is a BSOD. I don't know what is causing it so here is the memory.dump file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lokito50, Mar 10, 2020.

1. lokito50 Win User

Another BSOD inquiry

Hi all,

Recently my pc has been restarting on its own due to what I think is a BSOD. I don't know what is causing it so here is the memory.dump file so someone could shed some light on this issue.
    System specs:
    i7 4790K @4.7Ghz
    Asus Z97-A
    16GB DDR3 2133Mhz [email protected] (2x4GB gskill ripjaws 1866+2x4GB gskill ripjaws 2133)
    850watt OCZ gold PSU
    HP EX920 M.2 SSD 1TB OS and games
    4xHDDs
    Plextor PCIe 256GB SSD
    RTX2080 Super
    MEMORY.DMP - Google Drive
    Much appreciated,

:)

lokito50, Mar 10, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Another BSOD inquiry :)

cplpro, Mar 10, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Another BSOD inquiry

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

Hi Groggubus,

Welcome to the 10forums Another BSOD inquiry :)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Another BSOD inquiry [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please follow this suggestion for the BSOD
    1. Please open BitDefender and go to the modules,
    2. Go to the firewall settings,
    3. Uncheck 'Block port scans in the network',
    4. Reboot your system <-- IMPORTANT

Thema:

Another BSOD inquiry

1. Another BSOD inquiry - Similar Threads - Another BSOD inquiry

2. Quttera inquiry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quttera inquiry: Hello to every IT professional or techie people here,Hope anyone can help me with my question please. Someone from this Microsoft community provided me the link of Virus Total and I always use that before clicking any links. My friend provided me a skiing video link that he...
  3. Inquiry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inquiry: HOW CAN I SEND A MAIL FROM MICROSOFT WORD PAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inquiry/4fb35062-267b-4ce2-be90-bedf25d19ee9
  4. Inquiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry: HOW CAN I SEND A MAIL FROM MICROSOFT WORD PAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inquiry/4fb35062-267b-4ce2-be90-bedf25d19ee9
  5. Inquiry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inquiry: Greetings. I have been attempting to install Forza Horizon 4 via the Microsoft Store App on my Samsung Galaxy Book S but unfortunately, It has been unsuccessful. I would like to know if the Game is compatible with my device or not....
  6. Trojan Inquiry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Inquiry: Hello, recently I was doing an experiment and I downloaded a file which contains a trojan. Windows Defender automatically stopped it and I ran a full scan with malware bytes and windows defender. It was a Trojan:Win32/Dridex. My question is, can trojans be detected easily?...
  7. mict.dat Inquiry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mict.dat Inquiry: I have a file which is named mict.dat with 1GB of file size what is this for and can i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mictdat-inquiry/685ce150-b832-4e31-9cd0-a1e4dd05aa0d"
  8. Pricing inquiry

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pricing inquiry: Hi! How much are paper licenses for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pricing-inquiry/c1708124-57f3-428b-a7f5-8d494f006f28"
  9. bluestacks inquiry

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    bluestacks inquiry: i never used bluestacks but only recently am interested in it. i want to try run some android slot games that i play on my tablet -onto the pc. will it affect the memory? will it affect the CPU?*Shock 82202
  10. another robocopy inquiry >.<

in Windows 10 Support
    another robocopy inquiry >.<: anyone tell me why this isnt working? robocopy "C:\Users\klepp\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server" "U:\Backups\Plex Media Server\AppData\Local" /e /xo /purge /xd "System Volume Information" "$RECYCLE.BIN" "Recovery" trying to take my plex media server folder that has all...