Windows 10: Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles

Discus and support Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past year I've been unable to update my Windows ver since I installed Kaspersky then. When the license finally expired I listened to those on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel Wittman, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles

For the past year I've been unable to update my Windows ver since I installed Kaspersky then. When the license finally expired I listened to those on this site and removed it at least to see if the issue resolved itself only to find the hard way. I did the usual: troubleshoot, creation tool, windows downloaded updater etc with familiar results. What's the problem this time?

:)

Daniel Wittman, Aug 19, 2019

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles :)

Techtu, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles

1. Another 'cant fix issues' message- Windows Update troubles - Similar Threads - Another 'cant fix

2. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Windows Update Error Fix: This is the Error Description in Even Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001716....
  3. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another Windows Update Error Fix: This is the Error Description in Even Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001716....
  4. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. help!! cant fix issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help!! cant fix issue: the message unhandled exception has occurred in your application .... object reference not set to an instance of an object comes up when i go on my magic mirror app. i had recently updated windows but it stopped the app working so i reverted back to windows 10 on my...
  6. help!! cant fix issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help!! cant fix issue: the message unhandled exception has occurred in your application .... object reference not set to an instance of an object comes up when i go on my magic mirror app. i had recently updated windows but it stopped the app working so i reverted back to windows 10 on my...
  7. help!! cant fix issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Updates - cant update and no error message

Windows Updates - cant update and no error message: Hi,Windows 10Found sons PC has had no updates since Oct 2020Settings\Windows Update\ says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"Running 'Check for updates' does not return with any Error code,just repeats "Your device is missing important security and...
  9. Getting message to update but cant update.

Getting message to update but cant update.: I am getting a message that I should update butI cannot find any way to do it.When I click on update@ security it says I am up to date.This is what i am being asked to update toOS Build 10.0.19042.928 updates available as of 4/23/2021 6:42:52 AM...
  10. Another couple of issues I am having trouble with

in Windows 10 Support
    Another couple of issues I am having trouble with: I have two issues that I am having problems with one is that downloading some of the programs I sue I geta message saying that Smart Screen is not working - any ideas please. Secondly I pull up documents especially PDF ones and cannot find anyway of telling the machine to...