Windows 10: Another failure to boot problem

Discus and support Another failure to boot problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After doing a windows restore to 17/8/19 I am unable to start my DELL laptop, I get a screen saying “sys restore is initialising then Sys restore is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caprice, Sep 9, 2019.

1. caprice Win User

Another failure to boot problem

After doing a windows restore to 17/8/19 I am unable to start my DELL laptop, I get a screen saying “sys restore is initialising then Sys restore is restoring the registry" it remained on that message for ever and eventually shut down.
    I restarted and got the blue screen “your machine ran into some problems and needs to restart" but it shut down and remained in that condition so I had to restart and got Support Assist running sys scan, result no issues, SA then shows Error OS-Boot-Failure detected and repaired, you can safely restart your computer. If problem persists it may pay to run this sys again. Trouble is cant start the computer???
    It showed at one point SA OS recovery V4.1.0.6830.
    All the above was taken from rough notes that I scribbled down while performing the task and I may have missed something important.
    I assume that this is a W10 issue and not DELL, so now relying on my old desktop (Vista) to sort out the problem, thank goodness I kept it.
    Please is there an easy fix.

:)

caprice, Sep 9, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 9, 2019
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Sep 9, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Another failure to boot problem - Similar Threads - Another failure boot

2. Boot failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot failure: Hello Microsoft communityI have been facing issues with the startup, it doesn’t start upLaptop: Alienware 17 R5 i7 1. It’s also not going into auto repair modeI have added screenshotsPlease help in fixing this issuesThanks...
  3. Another YourPhone failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another YourPhone failure: As of yesterday YourPhone worked as well as it can, which is usable at best. Today YourPhone stopped connecting to my particular phone and nothing has worked. The Windows 11 computer says it is connected to the phone but the phone says it is not connected to the computer. I...
  4. Another YourPhone failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another YourPhone failure: As of yesterday YourPhone worked as well as it can, which is usable at best. Today YourPhone stopped connecting to my particular phone and nothing has worked. The Windows 11 computer says it is connected to the phone but the phone says it is not connected to the computer. I...
  5. Booting failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting failure: My PC was booting and brings black with curser and i gave someone to fix for me but he changed active partition and other things which i'm not familiar with and now it wont boot and it only opens into boot menu Please can you me to get solution also if the solution will need...
  6. Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot Failure: Hi i have been having a boot failure at startup and a message saying to install disk to repair the problem. but i lost my installation disk a while back . I think i had ordered a copy of my instillation disk but i cant remember where it was from. If anyone can offer some...
  7. Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot manager problem - failure to boot - bcdedit error: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 SLI running Windows 10 1903. It has 4 SSD disks, two PCIe and 2 SATA. I am only concerned about the PCIe SSD (2280 format). Here is the layout, it's disk 0 and disk 1 that are relevant. [ATTACH] Disk 0 boots just fine. I cloned the disk 0 to...
  8. Boot failure

Boot failure: I noticed that some viruses and trojans had infected my Windows 10 pro desktop. Therefore I tried uninstalling those trojans from control panel>uninstall a program. After that when I rebooted my desktop, the windows boot screen appeared and after that instead of taking me to...
  9. another microsoft failure?!

another microsoft failure?!: I'm disappointed but not surprised but I honestly knew that the 1803 & 1809 builds were bugged so my question is very simple which windows 10 build is less bugged? I'm thinking about 1703...
  10. another boot problem

in Windows 10 Support
    another boot problem: Acer laptop...Windows 10 Since installing Win 10 I have had the following issue: Boot with external power and the LT boots to show the Acer logo then goes to black screen and stays there....if I turn off external power it then continues to login window and all is...