Windows 10: Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem.

Discus and support Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have process System PId 4 sitting atop a CPU core, producing ~11% CPU usage all the time. I could track the problem to ACPI.sys. I tried every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dandrea, May 21, 2020.

1. dandrea Win User

Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem.

I have process System PId 4 sitting atop a CPU core, producing ~11% CPU usage all the time. I could track the problem to ACPI.sys.

I tried every solution I saw proposed: BIOS updates, driver updates, changing power management options for each device that had the option in device manager, etc, to no avail.

The problem seems related to adding a second, 1TB SSD Intel SSDPEKNW01 to the system, a P65_67RSRP notebook.

Removing this drive isn't quite an option.

I used MS performance toolkit to get to this:

Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem. 411871a7-e8c5-47b6-a9c7-2dd0319293ea?upload=true.png

I couldn't go any further.

Then I booted into Manjaro it's a dual boot system and found that the problem is seemingly OS-agnostic, as with process kworker/0:2+kacpid was using ~11% CPU. I was able to fix the issue under Linux by disabling interrupt gpe6F using commandecho "disable" > /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/gpe6F.

The problem is that I don't see how to do something similar in Windows.

Has anybody a solution for this?

:)

dandrea, May 21, 2020
  2. NikolaG Win User

High CPU usage causes Sound problems

Hi
    I don't know if I'm posting this question in right section, so I apologize to moderators in advance.
    I've installed Windows 10 on this laptop and I'm having sound issues. When I boot up Windows sound is fine, however after an hour is starts getting crackling and clipping noises. At the same time CPU usage jumps from 1-3% to 25% at idle.

Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem. [​IMG]

I ran LatencyMon and it says that ACPI Driver is causing problem.

Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem. [​IMG]

I tried disabling CPU throttling in Control Panel, ACPI-Compliant Control in Device Manager, and updating drivers.
    Any advice? Thanks for help.

NikolaG, May 21, 2020
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, May 21, 2020
  4. BillZA Win User

HIGH CPU USAGE!

Hi harrsionsouthby

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I downloaded and ran the tool but no problems were detected. All processes passed. A useful tool to have though. CPU usage seems to have improved though after making a few tweaks suggested on the Microsoft Community.
    But now I'm battling more with high disk usage.

Regards

BillZA, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Another high ACPI.sys cpu usage problem. - Similar Threads - Another high ACPI

2. Laptop high CPU usage problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop high CPU usage problem: Hello, I have bought Laptop Gigabyte U4 UD-50VN823SO. Normally I use shutdown and nothing happen, then two day ago I use restart and my laptop then suddenly very lag. I use task manager to find out that my CPU is very high even when doing nothing, app keep changing on CPU...
  3. Laptop high CPU usage problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop high CPU usage problem: Hello, I have bought Laptop Gigabyte U4 UD-50VN823SO. Normally I use shutdown and nothing happen, then two day ago I use restart and my laptop then suddenly very lag. I use task manager to find out that my CPU is very high even when doing nothing, app keep changing on CPU...
  4. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  5. CPU High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU High Usage: Hey,My CPU goes to 90% to 100% when I play games. I don't know if my CPU is bottleneck or not Could you assist me in fixing it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-high-usage/5e1954fe-1478-4342-87c8-f9d99418c5bc
  6. CPU usage is high

CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  7. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  8. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  9. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  10. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...