Windows 10: Another jump list query/issue

Discus and support Another jump list query/issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Both IE11 and Firefox pinned to taskbar. On both I have both frequent sites and pinned sites on their respective jump lists. They work ok but often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Another jump list query/issue

Both IE11 and Firefox pinned to taskbar. On both I have both frequent sites and pinned sites on their respective jump lists. They work ok but often after initial login I will right click the pinned browsers and some or all of the pinned sites and frequent sites will show as generic white paper icons instead of their proper favicon icon. Subsequent right clicks are then fine showing the icons in the jump list properly. But this seems a weird behaviour and I wondered if anyone else had noticed it? It only affects the website icons and nothing else.

It’s such a minor issue that I probably won’t try to jump through hoops to fix but if there is an easy and quick idea I’d be interested to hear it

cheers

Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 1, 2018

2. App list jump list issues.

Try this!

Go to the store and download any app you want.

Now when it finishes downloading click on the "View" link.

This is where I have problems. It will take me to the top of my app list and then when I click on A,B,C,ect. It doesn't allow me to jump to X,Y,Z. Today its been working but alot of times it doesn't.

Shawn Michalski, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Karolina M, Jan 1, 2018
  4. hiphopper Win User

Another jump list query/issue

Typically that happens because the system is reloading standard icon cache. Especially after a reboot this can take a minute or two.

If the cache has grown quite large you might try clearing it. I'm afraid I don't recall the exact command to do that.

At any rate it isn't a big problem either way.

hiphopper, Jan 1, 2018
  5. Ok thanks. Just strange, our other decrepit pc doesn’t do this anamoly. Whilst this pc with boot SSD does.

I now noticed that it isn’t just IE and Mozilla but for any pinned icons (not tasks or frequent) as I have file explorer pinned to the taskbar and right clicking it will give generic yellow folders for all the pinned folders such as documents, music etc. But then if i click away from it so the list disappears and redo the right click on file explorer then the pinned icons draw correctly whereby the documents, music folders have their correct icon. And it’s only first time it happens, so because I did this on file explorer now my first right click on say the pinned IE11 will draw all the correct pinned favicons first time of asking when right clicking to display the jumplist. It’s as if the first right click forces a process to draw the pinned icons for jumplists for all applications. I tested leaving the system alone for a while after initial login and it doesn’t make a difference, this pinned icon anamoly is there until a right click for a jump list on any pinned item (whether it be in the taskbar or the start menu).

as you mention it’s not a big problem but it’s proving tough to ignore!

Scottyboy99, Jan 1, 2018
  6. I wonder if there is a batch or a task that can autorun / be created to force/simulate (on login or start up) the process of right clicking a pinned app to make the pinned jump list icons draw without user intervention. It only needs to be for my user account as the other (barely used) family user accounts seem immune to the problem

Scottyboy99, Jan 2, 2018
  7. Hmm, latest cumulative update seems to of fixed this!

Scottyboy99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Another jump list query/issue

1. Another jump list query/issue - Similar Threads - Another jump list

2. Jump list issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump list issue: I recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. On Windows 10, under on my task bar I had one file pinned to the excel jump list. However, after I upgraded, the files seems to be permanently in the jump list. When I click on it, I get the message “The item you have...
  3. Jump list issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump list issue: I recently upgraded from windows 10 to windows 11. On Windows 10, under on my task bar I had one file pinned to the excel jump list. However, after I upgraded, the files seems to be permanently in the jump list. When I click on it, I get the message “The item you have...
  4. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  5. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jump lists?: Win 10 Pro 22H2, fully up-to-date.Not sure this is a Jump List issue or something else...In the past, when I clicked Start>Run I could click the v at right end of the Open: box to pop up and select from a list of recently run apps, eg, msinfo32, regedit, services.msc, etc....
  6. Jump lists?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. JUMP Lists

JUMP Lists: Do JUMP Lists still work in the Windows 10 taskbar? For Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jump-lists/30e338af-26cf-434d-9f56-d39d975ba257
  8. Jump lists IE

in Browsers and Email
    Jump lists IE: SInce updating to Win 1903 i notice the jump list on IE behaving a little odd, i have pinned and frequent sites in it. The favicons are random in behaviour as sometimes a few of them will be blank upon right click of IE in my start menu. But then i will try it again and...
  9. Jump list

Jump list: If you don't want jump list on the web browser in the taskbar 1.Settings 2.personalisation 3.start 4.Show recently opened items in jump list on start or the taskbar, click off. However this works only once, when you reboot and use your web browser, the jump list ends up...
  10. jump list

jump list: hello people is there a hack or tweak out there that wil let me change the order of my pinned itmes in the jumplist you used to be able to drag them,,, but no more 92365