Windows 10: Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it

Discus and support Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason UK English was added to my languages, and it doesn't even show up on language settings. It is driving me insane, how do I remove it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ma-kat-is-kute, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it

/u/ma-kat-is-kute, Feb 14, 2021
  2. D3LL Win User

How to prevent Windows from automatically adding regular US keyboard

These steps should probably help you. Be sure that its not set as default when trying to delete.

3. Xylee Del Win User
    The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Fernandz Win User

Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it

1. Another keyboard format just added itself and I can't remove it - Similar Threads - Another keyboard format

2. Windows added a language I can't remove..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows added a language I can't remove..: As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my Computer and nothing happened can someone please tell me how to remove the "KSA Arabic keyboard edition" I want the Omani one to...
  3. Windows added a language I can't remove..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows added a language I can't remove..: As the title suggests,Windows has a added a language that I did not add and when I go check the language settings it isn't there I've restarted my Computer and nothing happened can someone please tell me how to remove the "KSA Arabic keyboard edition" I want the Omani one to...
  4. my windows 11 just formated itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 just formated itself: i was playing a game when my screen went all white, i press ctrl alt delete and pressed on log out, after logging back in i see my windows cleared itself- no filesdownloads desktop and more all my google info is goneaccounts password and more some apps are gone right now i...
  5. my windows 11 just formated itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 11 just formated itself: i was playing a game when my screen went all white, i press ctrl alt delete and pressed on log out, after logging back in i see my windows cleared itself- no filesdownloads desktop and more all my google info is goneaccounts password and more some apps are gone right now i...
  6. English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    English US keyboard added automatically, can't remove it!: I regularly use spanish, arabic and japanese keyboard. And been using them for a long time. After the last windows update the US keyboard appeared out of nowhere and it is not listed on my keyboards installed, but when I press win+space to change keyboards it appears there...
  7. Additional keyboard input method automatically added -- can't be removed!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional keyboard input method automatically added -- can't be removed!: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909, OS build 18363.657. I am primarily using 2 languages when I type on my computer, one of which English. Despite living in the UK, I don't like the English UK layout of the special characters e.g. the @ and " are swapped and I never use this...
  8. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself: About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient. Language of Windows 10 is set to...
  9. Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove: For some reason, after updating Windows, I now have 4 languages for the keyboard instead of 2. When I click on the "ENG" I see this: [ATTACH] I use only Hebrew and English (US) . When choosing "Language preferences", I see this: [ATTACH] Why does it occur? How can I...
  10. Removing the primary User and adding another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing the primary User and adding another: I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as the primary User. I cannot just do a rename, for that does not work. How do I do this properly?...