Windows 10: Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post

Discus and support Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up a very basic home network to share a wired printer on desktop with laptop and a few other public files. No matter what I do,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rgeisler, Nov 7, 2018.

1. rgeisler Win User

Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post

I'm trying to set up a very basic home network to share a wired printer on desktop with laptop and a few other public files. No matter what I do, laptop and desktop aren't seeing each other.

Desktop is Win 10 Pro, Laptop is Win 10 Home. I can ping the other from both, both have 192.168.50.xx IP's, both have 255.255.255.0 subnet, both are on private network profile with all share/discover network options on, and all network services running. Both appear to be on default WORKGROUP. Have tried disabling firewalls on both. Desktop is wired, have tried laptop both wired and wireless and no difference.

Using Asus A1300 router. Firewall on router is disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me nuts since everything I don't care about showing up (firestick, etc) are happy to be there but the one thing I'm actually try to connect to isn't.

Thanks!

Rich

:)

rgeisler, Nov 7, 2018
  2. sarahk Win User

Win 10 laptop can't see a folder on desktop

Hi

My network is really simple. A win10 laptop and a win10 desktop. The desktop has a couple of hard drives and the laptop needs to see one of them.

At various times it's all been good but then something mysterious happens and we're back to square one.

So
    • I've set up a homegroup and both computers belong to it
    • I've set up sharing so that the homegroup can read/write
    • I've added my husbands email address as a user on the desktop and accepted the invitation so that it doesn't show as pending

Yet, when I go to the laptop
    • I can see the homegroup and the two computers that are in it
    • I can see the network and the same two computers
    • If I click on the drives I get a no-permission error

I've obviously missed a step somewhere and I've gone over tutorials and guides but can't work out what it is. Any ideas?

sarahk, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post - Similar Threads - Another Laptop Desktop

2. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  3. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  4. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My two laptops cannot see each other

My two laptops cannot see each other: I have two laptops, each running Windows 10, and each up-to-date. They are each connected via ethernet to the same router. 1 More often than not they cannot see each other in Network although they can both see a 3rd PC. In Advanced Sharing Settings they are both set to...
  6. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  7. Old laptop and new desktop unable to see each other other in terms of shared drives over...

Old laptop and new desktop unable to see each other other in terms of shared drives over...: homegroups were so much easier but... I got a new desktop with a new installation of windows 10. That desktop and my laptop cannot see each other over the network. They can see every other network device they are supposed to see. desktop does not see the laptop at all -...
  8. Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet

Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet: I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my laptop (desktop was already on Win10). Before the upgrade, both PCs could see each other over my network, whether hardwired over Ethernet or over WiFi. After the upgrade, neither can see the other. Both have network discovery...
  9. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...
  10. Desktop and Laptop can't see each other on P2P cable set-up

Desktop and Laptop can't see each other on P2P cable set-up: I have a bit of an urgent problem with my P2P network. My laptop is failing and needs repair but the drive is fine I believe, so I urgently need to do a system image backup to my desktop PC. I usually do this by disabling WIFI on both machines, and connecting the two...