Windows 10: Another Location Issue

Discus and support Another Location Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've got a location issue that has not been resolved, or even presented, as far as I can tell. I had an activation issue a couple of months ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScribbleTribble, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Another Location Issue

I've got a location issue that has not been resolved, or even presented, as far as I can tell.

I had an activation issue a couple of months ago and had to call Microsoft. The support staff on the other end insisted that I was in the UK. I'm in the US.

I've never had a support person tell me I was in another country before, but it all started with a hardware upgrade, and a day later needing to replace that new hardware because of a fault in the previous new motherboard (on which Windows 10 activated just fine). This time when I changed out my board, CPU, and memory, Windows would not activate. Period. That's when I called Microsoft.

Long story short, I explained my situation, we went through just about every we (they) could think of, and they ended up providing me with a different product key. No clue why. Nothing else worked. Same PC until my hardware failure since I purchased the new, retail, boxed version of Windows 8.

Now, as I said, Microsoft seems to think I'm in the UK (my settings all say the US and my IP is reporting within my general physical area). However, a site that I use a lot keeps trying to direct me to their Australian site, both when I first visit the site before signing in and also warns me that I may be on the wrong site (and region) and tries to direct me to their Australian site when I'm making purchases.

My ISP has no idea what the issue is, and all three PCs, physically connected to the modem via ethernet, report the same issue. Two are Win 10 and one is Win 7.

Again, this did not happen until my second hardware change a day after my first (due to hardware issues).

What first clued me into the fact that there might be some sort of issue is when I was setting up the second new motherboard and it was reporting the wrong time (apparently, AUS time). The first new board reported the correct time but kept shutting down/restarting/freezing on me. I just reset the time and went about my business until Windows would not activate. Hence my call.

Any clue as to what might be happening?

Anyone at all?

:)

ScribbleTribble, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

Another Location Issue

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Another Location Issue

1. Another Location Issue - Similar Threads - Another Location Issue

2. Another issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another issue...: I was installing new updates for November recently. Computer has been on "Getting Windows ready" for like 15 minutes. I can't turn it off because that will likely corrupt my drive.Can't do anything...please help....
  3. Another issue...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another issue...: I was installing new updates for November recently. Computer has been on "Getting Windows ready" for like 15 minutes. I can't turn it off because that will likely corrupt my drive.Can't do anything...please help....
  4. Another issue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Another issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another issue: I am updating to version 1.373.1586.0, the one where it gets rid of the hive notifications but it says that the installing is 0. It went to 100, then 0 again, then said I was up-to-date. Is something wrong with my computer?...
  6. Another issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another issue: I am updating to version 1.373.1586.0, the one where it gets rid of the hive notifications but it says that the installing is 0. It went to 100, then 0 again, then said I was up-to-date. Is something wrong with my computer?...
  7. another issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another issue!: On my windows 10, when I click "quick scan" for searching for unwanted programs on my computer, it just shows that I clicked it and doesn't scan. I don't have any unwanted, but what did I do wrong? Is my computer messed up?...
  8. another issue!

another issue!: On my windows 10, when I click "quick scan" for searching for unwanted programs on my computer, it just shows that I clicked it and doesn't scan. I don't have any unwanted, but what did I do wrong? Is my computer messed up?...
  9. another issue!

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. issue of location

issue of location: the windows maps app is not showing my Accurate location . It's showing wrong address. I can't make it correct. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-of-location/b5ba1a1d-dff1-49d3-8a00-d4862dff2379